Old 03-21-2016, 11:27 AM   #1
Pinnacle Washer/Dryer Combo

Does anyone have experience with the Pinnacle 4000 Washer/Dryer Combo (vented unit)? I am considering having the dealer install one in my 364TS. I did a search on this site for threads about this topic but they are few a far between. Any new feedback would be appreciated (both, on the unit itself and how often you are using the washer/dryer while camping if you have one). Thanks

Melvinson404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 01:22 PM   #2
We have a vented combo unit in our 364ts. I am not that impressed as it takes about 90 min. to do a few garments. Honestly, we are probably not using it exactly as it should be. What I do understand is that the vented units work much better than the ventless ones. Individual units would be a way better option if you have the room. Make sure to leave your drain open when using them, I can see it overfilling the grey tank easily.

mgcmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:33 AM   #3
We don't have that model but we do have a combo unit and the DW loves it.. If she is happy we are all happy.. It is nice, she does a load when we have the grandson every other day and just sets it and then folds when it is done.. Works great when we are in a campground with power and water.. Boon docking would use a lot of water so I don't recommend it unless you have a way to add water to your tank like we do..
364 Georgetown 2016
in Montana
RVnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:46 AM   #4
Never heard of that brand. Most common is Splendid brand. Followed by apartment size combo units from Whirlpool Corp.
Yea, they are compact, meaning small loads. So what? We start a load in the morning go about our business, take the finished product out later in the day. No sitting around some crummy laundrymat hoping the previous user did not wash a bunch of greasy rags or something worse!
Biggest complaint by far from users is wrinkles. Generally that is caused by over crowding the drum.

OK, I just looked at their web site. Appears to be a clone or rebranded version of the Dometic one sold places. My guess a Chinese copy of the Splendid. Personally I would not want the didigital display. Just seems like a rather expensive part to replace when it fails. Splendid uses simple timers for its functions. Simple and inexpensive to repair. Top off outstanding customer support from Westland Sales and I cannot imagine anything better.
donniedu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:33 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
One trick about using the combo is to stop it after the wash cycle and shake out the clothes, then put them to the dry cycle.
After the wash spin cycle the clothes are matted together and don't get air thru them in the dry cycle. By fluffing them it dries quicker and less wrinkles.
Ed & Ruthann / Toby and Tucker
2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab 2500 Duramax
2014 Wildcat 327ck
2015 129 nites
2016 40 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote