Old 08-06-2016, 06:22 PM   #11

Like so many others our 2011 FR Georgetown is peeling. Found a web site...Seats4Sale. They have all needs covered it seems as far as our replacements, Sofa, Recliner, Captains Chairs. Anyone out there with experiences with this web based company? Second: QUESTION...on the Captains Chairs....numerous price degrees offered...any idea on What a good quality chair actually is? What is, at the very least, compatible to our current factory captains chairs? We are planning on going with cloth. Hope it holds up better all around. Thanks Thom and Debbie

Old 08-06-2016, 06:30 PM   #12

Maron, Interesting information. Thank You. As the "furniture guy" what is your opinion on using a quality fabric for furniture vs leather/faux leather on RV furniture. ThomandDebbie

Old 08-06-2016, 07:17 PM   #13

Does anyone know if this faux leather is still being used ?
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 09:35 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljag View Post
Does anyone know if this faux leather is still being used ?
Yep. Our sofa and theater seats are both covered in it. We have a 2016 Rockwood 2906ws.

The key to knowing if it's leather or not is the smell. Leather smells like leather. Fake stuff (like the "bonded leather") does not.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:08 AM   #15

Was hoping to read FR replaced the fake leather with better fake leather....lol ! Seats falling apart in two seasons is ridiculous !
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:40 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljag View Post
Was hoping to read FR replaced the fake leather with better fake leather....lol ! Seats falling apart in two seasons is ridiculous !
Well, I can't state for a fact that it's exactly the same kind of fake leather, just that it is fake leather. We've not had the RV in use long enough to know the overall quality yet.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:58 PM   #17

Wonder how many people have this problem without using any product on the surface. We have a 2013 328TS with the faux leather captains chairs, couch, and euro recliner. After reading all these threads, I've been watching them like a hawk. No signs of problems. If the get dirty I clean them with a damp towel...water only. Are most of you using products on yours other than a damp towel?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 08-10-2016, 08:03 AM   #18

I have a 2012 378 and the sofa,chair and front chairs fell apart. Horrible, I got free seat covers from forest river. Good material b u t fit is not the best. I'm saving to buy all new everything. Probably will cost 5,000 dollars! Horrible quality and williamsburg admits it. Very disappointing for a rv north of 100,000 bucks. Oh well still love my 378. Its like golf, a love hate relationship! Cheers
Old 11-03-2016, 03:04 PM   #19

Faux Leather Peeling in our Georgetown

I knew we couldn't be the only ones with this problem. Our captains chairs, dinette & sofa ALL started peeling the first year (2011-2012.) There was no way to repair or even conceal the wide-spread damage, except for the captains chairs (we purchased chair covers for them) so we were "forced" to purchase all-new furniture for an almost brand-new rig.

I'm wondering how many other manufacturers use the same type of product? The faux-leather on our furniture started breaking down within just a few months after purchase. We are brand-committed in most things but honestly, this will make us reconsider purchasing another Forest River motorhome.
Old 11-03-2016, 03:44 PM   #20

If you email this address with the furniture issues you have he may be able to help. Forest River is replacing the crappy furniture covers from Williamsburg Furniture but swap out will be owners responsibility and expense. Pictures of tags and of defects (VIN) will have to be sent. I'm expecting mine any day now. My coach is a 2012 GT. They are updated covers from Williamsburg and not familiar with fit/form/function. This email may not be for all type units but maybe he can direct you to the right person.

CLopez@forestriverinc.com