Old 12-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bborder View Post
First trip after the Cat additive. Thought we were finally free from the popping noises as we had 2 nights of quiet BUT on night 3 and 4 the dreaded popping noises returned. Already been to dealer 4 times for this issue and also involved the FR factory reps. Lemon law time.

This is an old thread but I was wondering what the dealer did 4 times?
Sounds like you may be using the levelers to raise your Georgetown too high and possible off the ground. They are just stabilizers to steady movement and not designed to raise and hold the rig off the ground.

This may not be your issue and just the pressure relief valve leaking as temperatures change outside. This will make the levelers make noise as fluid was warm and expanded to cool and contracting.
My thought.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #32

Who knows what the actual issue is because clearly Equalizer nor FR are jumping up to try and remedy it. And, no the coach is not raised off the ground and its a Berkshire but we seem to have the same leveling system.

Old 12-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #33

Quote:
Who knows what the actual issue is because clearly Equalizer nor FR are jumping up to try and remedy it. And, no the coach is not raised off the ground and its a Berkshire but we seem to have the same leveling system.
Are you releasing the air from the air suspension first before leveling?
Have you drained the air tanks of any moisture?

Old 12-01-2013, 08:47 PM   #34

The air release is automatic when turning on the leveling system.

The issue is with the hydraulic leveling system, not the air suspension. It has also occurred from day 1 so I'm not sure that moisture in the tanks would've occurred that quickly after manufacture date. Howeve, no I haven't drained them. What would this accomplish? How often should it be done and what is the procedure?
Old 12-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #35

Quote:
The air release is automatic when turning on the leveling system.

The issue is with the hydraulic leveling system, not the air suspension. It has also occurred from day 1 so I'm not sure that moisture in the tanks would've occurred that quickly after manufacture date. Howeve, no I haven't drained them. What would this accomplish? How often should it be done and what is the procedure?
You want to drain any water out of the tank to stop corrosion.
It all depends on your usage and climate. I still would drain tanks at least monthly to make sure you don't have any water buildup in the tanks.
This is just a preventive measure.
Good luck on solving the creaking sounds.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:03 PM   #36

Was told by friend who had issue with jacks that service guy advised him that jacks should be routinely retracted and unit re leveled every couple of weeks while parked on site. Had same "creaking" problem while camping on concrete pad and it seems to do work - creaking disappeared.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:20 PM   #37

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
I reported that Lippert had added the Cat additive to our system at the Frog Rally.
I then did not use the coach much until January of this year. We have now been on a site for a month and one half and have not had the poping. I did think I heard it once or twice after a major temperature change lt but nothing like before. I would definitely recommend it.
Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:24 AM   #38

Haven't heard the jacks but the floor creaks here and there when walking around in the coach. Even when the jacks aren't down. Not real loud but noticeable.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:21 PM   #39
Full Time RV'rs.

Yes TYVM

Both my Georgetowns 335 and 378 have done this.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:08 PM   #40

Okay, now I'm confused. I was under the impression that there were stabilizers and levelers. Our TT had stabilizers and it clearly stated not to use them to level the coach. Now, our coach has levelers and they would have to be designed to hold the weight of the coach as that's their job. We got our coach October of last year and have camped around a dozen times with the auto level, and yes, sometimes with the front wheels off the ground. It has never popped until this past weekend...and in a nice level site with all the wheels touching the ground.