Old 04-27-2014, 09:34 PM   #51

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
Mine are 90 percent better but change in temps still makes it pop sometimes.

Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:36 PM   #52
Retired US Army CW4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhjoe View Post
I siphoned and replaced fluid per Lippert's instruction using Maxima Fork Oil as recommended. Raised and lowered jacks and got lucky for a full day. After that it gradually came back, once we hit high 80's to 90 degrees creaking and popping came back with a vengeance.

Since we are leaving FL soon as we are heading back to NH, we will see what happens.

This has been our first long stay in one place so not sure how that factors Anybody?
After I did the fluid replacement it took a couple of trips (raising and lowering jacks several times) for the creaking to stop. Before I did this I had gone around to each jack with a socket and a good sized bar to ensure all of the mounting bolts were tight (they were). After changing the fluid the creaking was reduced by at least 95%.

Tom and Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:28 PM   #53

Hello all, I have just taken delivery of a 2014 Sanibel (Primetime) and when we set it up at our lake lot we noticed a loud clicking or popping noise come from the left side of the unit close to front jack (LCI 6 point system). As well, after we hit auto level and all is level this is when the snapping and popping starts. It also starts to drop about an inch and half very 24 hours causing us to have to re-level every day sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. Once the jacks have fallen the noise stops and the jacks do not fall any further. Does anybody know what is going on? We are taking back to the dealer in about 3 weeks but in the meantime it drives me crazy listening to the noise these jacks make.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:09 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim.mcgallan View Post
Hello all, I have just taken delivery of a 2014 Sanibel (Primetime) and when we set it up at our lake lot we noticed a loud clicking or popping noise come from the left side of the unit close to front jack (LCI 6 point system). As well, after we hit auto level and all is level this is when the snapping and popping starts. It also starts to drop about an inch and half very 24 hours causing us to have to re-level every day sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. Once the jacks have fallen the noise stops and the jacks do not fall any further. Does anybody know what is going on? We are taking back to the dealer in about 3 weeks but in the meantime it drives me crazy listening to the noise these jacks make.

Sounds like you have a leaking pressure valve that is letting fluid drain bank into the tank. That valve should always be closed unless it exceeds a set PSI.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:55 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim.mcgallan View Post

I can appreciate the noise driving you crazy. My jacks never dropped. Stayed level, but the noise continued to get worse. I just completed the fluid replacement. Hoping that does the trick.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:51 PM   #56

Jacks- we loosened the bolts that hold the jacks to the frame and reinstalled with a 1/8 rubber washer between the jack steel and the RV frame. Popping gone
Old 07-11-2016, 09:22 AM   #57

Hi, So here is a bit of info you may find interesting. Had the jacks down and wheels on the ground when a very windy storm came through. Both rear jacks had bent rods. Terrible screaming when I pulled them up and down. Ordered new jacks. Here is the catch, all of the GTs use the same jack for all positions. 8000 pound Aluminum units. Two issues:
1> 8,000# is right at the rear limit for each side. You BETTER NOT raise the wheels off of the ground. This is why they advise you not too. For $100 more/Jack retail FR could have used a 15,000# jack on the rear (even give this as an upgrade option). Also, they use a bolt on bracket but weld it (don't know if it matters but it is another weird one).
2> The differential in CTE between Aluminum and the steel bracket is high enough to cause the creaking if the 6 attachment bolts are not Locktite and torqued properly. Be very careful in using the rubber washer. Added flex could allow enough extra side motion to cause a bent rod.

2012 Georgetown 378XL
Toad 07 Lexus RX350
intercept is offline   Reply With Quote