Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2015, 08:46 AM   #1
New:

Positive!!!! Cummins Power South Fort Myers Fl

Two weeks ago I was on my way to the keys when my Generator quit putting out power. I stopped at Campers World in Ft Myers.
After being told no tech available, that I would have to make an appointment. We were sent on our way. I stopped and asked if we could check our shore power before proceeding on. Since I elected to have the RV fridge I wasn't as concerned about the generator for more than comfort. Rebecca one of CW service department reps was kind enough to have us pull over to the shore power hookup and we tested out ok. So we decided to proceed onward. She recommended we contact Cummins Power South, the regional Onan dealer. We contacted Art the service manager and he had us head over. Within Minutes we were in and the RV was being tested. They replaced a part and told us if we had anymore issues to bring it back and they would pull the unit. We were back in route to the Keys. Unfortunately it only lasted 2 hrs. We continued south to the keys. Had a great trip. Contacted Art on way home. He made immediate availability, checked it out. Found a unbalanced shaft and ordered a part. Kept the unit. Kept me informed ever step of the repair! Now I have my generator working better than new!
A special shout out to Art and his crew! Bless you all for you compassion and Kindness!!!
New: 2015 Forest River Georgetown 328TS
2016 Equinox Tow Vehicle
old: 2013 FR Rockwood 2318G w/ 2001 Ford F250 4X4 Diesel
compman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:19 AM   #2

Hi...did your generator actually stop running or stop generating power? We have had a problem with our 2015 Georgetown 351 since we bought it. Cummins has replaced fuel pumps, fuel filter, carburetor, control module, etc. and it is still shuts off after 20-40 minutes of run time. Thanks! Lee
leecarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 04:46 PM   #3
New:

My Generator ran fine. When it would stop producing power it would quit running and I could restart it fine. But it would flash the light quickly on the generator switch and not produce power.
New: 2015 Forest River Georgetown 328TS
2016 Equinox Tow Vehicle
old: 2013 FR Rockwood 2318G w/ 2001 Ford F250 4X4 Diesel
compman69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power