Old 10-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown50 View Post
Thanks for your response.
You're welcome and maybe you'll get over the sniffles quickly.

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:09 PM   #12

To give you all an update, I successfully ran the generator yesterday from 4 - 9pm. I then plugged back into the power plug. This morning, in preparation for the power outage again, I unplugged the power cord. I then tried to start the generator. The generator at first tried to start but didn't. I went outside to the generator where I tried to start it again, only to hear a strained noise that told me it was going to be useless. Later, I tried again and got absolutely no noise at all. I checked the status of the house batteries and they are dead. I don't know why they should be dead since the generator ran fine the day before and the RV was plugged in all night. ??? I later started up the RV and tried to start the generator after having started up the RV for 5 minutes....then nothing still happened.

Any ideas on what the problem could be? It's frustrating since I had recently had generator maintenance done and it should be working fine.

Old 10-04-2014, 08:03 PM   #13

Sounds like your coach batteries aren't getting charged or the 100 amp circuit breaker is tripped next to the control panel underneath. Another thing to ask was the master power cutoff switch off?

I would also see if your battery charger is plugged into the receptacle in the rear compartment.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:40 AM   #14

Did you check to see if the shore power was on at the post? Might be when you plugged back in that you tripped the breaker and you were not getting power. If your inverter was on, it will kill your batteries cause it was doing a full drain. You would not have known this unless you looked at your inverter panel to see if you were in inverting, charge or float mode. It's what I check always to ensure that my house batteries are being recharged. If you are or were in inverting mode, you are not charging.

You might also want to do a little battery maintenance check and see if your water levels are full. That will harm your charge as well. Hope this helps.
" On the go to see something amazing"
- Psalm 107:23-24
lrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:43 AM   #15

Your generator will not turn over if your house batteries are dead. It gets its juice to turn over from the house batteries.

" On the go to see something amazing"
- Psalm 107:23-24
lrob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power