Old 04-06-2010, 01:17 PM   #1
Power Draw

Can anyone shed any light on this one.

I have two 110 leasure battery.
Fully charged battery ie 13.1 v, main cut off switch off, no power draw.
switched main power switch on , but did not switch any units on ie water heater etc.. left for 3.5 hours checked with volt meter now showing 12.56. checked again after 18 hours and battery showning 9.56v, dead battery

what is drawing these battery, the battery are only 5 months old.
there is a switch with artic pack and there is no on or off.? should this red switch light up,

any help would be appericated

ggm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:27 PM   #2
Happy to Be Camping
Location: We live in Rhode Island, but our hearts are in New Hampshire
This one happened to me...compartment light was on. Also (on another rig) the light in the black water compartment got wet due to being exposed to the elements and made an internal connection. Also, do you have a 12dc LCD tv? Mine draws when it is not on (circuit standby).

Shawomet3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:14 PM   #3
There also a switch on the fridge for a heated seal to stop the sweating if you look up under the top edge of freezer there is a switch.Just a thought it will draw a lot of juice and lot of people dont know it is there
2008 8296SS Rockwood Signature Ultralite
2002 Silverado 2500HD extended cab
chevy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:33 PM   #4
Power Draw

I also have the arctic Pak in our mh, 2003 30' Georgetown. The light does not come on when switched up, but I know it is doing something, because lights dim slightly when flipped.

I understand from this forum and Mike Burns at Forest River that the light in the switch quite often fails.

Regarding your power draw, with help from forum members. I checked the amps being used with a voltmeter at the battery terminal. Then take out the fuses in the back of the MH and the fuses under the stairs, to see if any reduce amps when power is off.

I discovered one 5 amp fuse under the stairs was using power ~ 3 amps.
I removed it, but still don't know what it was for, everything seems to work.

I wished FR had the fuses labeled esp. under the stairs.

Good luck, battery problems are fun
rdjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:58 PM   #5
On our camper the gas detector seems to draw quite a bit. So much that i disconnect the battery from the camper or it would be drained in a couple of days.
Seasonal site camping
steveqvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:40 AM   #6
Also found a fan noise near the door very low, not sure what this could be any ideas. The switch on the fridge under the door is off. the kill switch to all the main is off also.but i hear this fan noise from time to time?
maybe this is draning my battery

ggm is offline   Reply With Quote