Old 04-28-2011, 09:44 PM   #41

I mounted ours on the existing area in front of the factory installed things. I ran the wires up the right hand edge of the windshield behind the plastic cover and got power from the battery. Installed a 5 amp fuse in the circuit. I mounted the remote receiver in the cupboard above the passengers seat. I did not have to get under the dash at all. total time to install was about 5 hours total.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:16 AM   #42

That sounds good and makes sense. Anything to keep out of twisting under the dash is good!! Can you post any pics of the install?
Thanks...

Old 04-29-2011, 09:33 PM   #43

blue 283
Sorry I did not take any pics as I did it in the winter in Northern Michigan without any heat. It cause me to work rather quickly.
I did get the wires all hidden and all you see is the two 43inch long black tubes at the top of the windshield. I did find that at 43 inches you had to be careful with locating them so as not to interfer with the standard draw curtains.

Good Luck, do all the engineering in advance. Getting power to the drivers side was the challange. The power lead was on the left end of the visor. I snaked them thru the cupboard above the drivers seat, thru the rear of the TV housing and into the cupboard over the pass seat. That was the biggest challange.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:51 AM   #44

I have the 360 model and have the power front and manual side shades, my side shades take a couple pulls to get them to lock where I want them and do good, only complaint is the sway in and out, depending on how low I have to set them, hope this helps.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:40 PM   #45

jmcintyre,
How about a picture of the completed install? I'm curious how the black tubes look on the bulkhead.
Thanks!!
Old 05-06-2011, 06:04 PM   #46

My MH is currently at the factory for some warranty work so I can't measure to see what length shades I need to order. I see several have posted the 43" shades work out great. I think all the Georgetowns have the same cab and bulkhead configuration, but does anyone know for sure? I wanted to order the Carefree shades while they are still on ebay at such a great price.
Thanks for the help....