Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2011, 08:38 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bresdogsr View Post
Update: The $575 was only for the night time shade not the dual power shade which is a day uv blocker shade as well as the night shade. This is $950 which includes changing out the plastic A pillars to ones with 2 groves vs the one in the unit with one grove. No sure if I want to spend that much. May look into alternatives. $950 is alot of gas.
Decided not to go with the power shades due to the cost. Now looking at external window shade like prompt or rvquickshade.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:52 PM   #22
Pete

What is the "drop" length on the shades? How many $$$ for two 43" wide shades? Can you wire them through the windshield fans?

Sorry for all the questions. Pete
gartonhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:52 PM   #23

The cost is $79.95 each from Shadepro Inc. 1-800-328-5100 and when you by two you get a free remote. The 43" wide shades are perfect for the 378 and they go all the way down to the dash. I suppose you could wire them into the fans but I wouldn't and I didn't. It's not that hard to remove the side post covers and run the wire down and under the dash.
JDickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:34 PM   #24
CLASS "A" Senior Member

If you wire them with the fans you'll need to turn on the fans to get power to the shades? Even with having a remote the wiring from the shades still needs to go back to the control box.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:48 PM   #25
Pete

I just today received the shades from Shadepro. Looking to install this weekend.

I understand having to run the fans for power. However, can't I splice into the wire feeding the fan at a point prior to getting to the fan switch? Wouldn't I then have continous power to the remote box?

I would then extend the wiring on the remote box and mount the box to one side or the other just prior to and above the side windows. I'm not familiar with how the remote works; but, is my thinking correct?

Also, the shades didn't come with any mounting instructions. For the individuals that self installed these shades, how did you mount them to the ceiling? How far back from the windshield? Etc.?

Your alls help is greatly appreciated and heavily relied on by me, and I know other forum participants.

Thanks in advance for your input!
Pete
gartonhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 02:24 PM   #26

Send a message via MSN to nemo45 Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45
Quote:
Originally Posted by gartonhl View Post
I just today received the shades from Shadepro. Looking to install this weekend.

I understand having to run the fans for power. However, can't I splice into the wire feeding the fan at a point prior to getting to the fan switch? Wouldn't I then have continous power to the remote box?

I would then extend the wiring on the remote box and mount the box to one side or the other just prior to and above the side windows. I'm not familiar with how the remote works; but, is my thinking correct?

Also, the shades didn't come with any mounting instructions. For the individuals that self installed these shades, how did you mount them to the ceiling? How far back from the windshield? Etc.?

Your alls help is greatly appreciated and heavily relied on by me, and I know other forum participants.

Thanks in advance for your input!
Pete
If you didn't get mounting brackets and instructions with your shades, then you need to call shade pro and have them send them to you. There should be a set for each shade. My two shades only had one set so I called them and they said they'd send a set right out. Any idea which side of the coach would be best to run the wiring in? I'm thinking that since both shades are for the left side that the driver's side would be best. Is there a hot 12v wire and a ground running inside the corner post? If not I can get them under the dash. Just don't want to have to crawl under there if I don't have to. I'm sure you can use the hot wire for the fans if you want as long as you splice in before the switch. But you need 12v to the control module which I am assuming you won't mount up by the fan.
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:11 AM   #27

I just looked on the shadepro website and could not find the shades everyone is raving about. I am also interested in these as opposed to the $900 dealer option but can't locate them. What exactly do they call them?
Lloyd
starburst2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:54 AM   #28
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Shade Pro Rv Accessories items - Get great deals on items on eBay Stores!

They're listed on ebay as well.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:21 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by starburst2 View Post
I just looked on the shadepro website and could not find the shades everyone is raving about. I am also interested in these as opposed to the $900 dealer option but can't locate them. What exactly do they call them?
Lloyd
They are on Ebay, use "power visor" for your search. Or, you can call them at `1-800-328-5100. They are in California so wait till after 10 AM. They are 43" power visor made by Carefree of Colorado. I think they are $79.99 each. Make sure you go to shadepro.net and not .com when you try to get to their website.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:05 PM   #30

Thanks for the info Charlie. And to you too Don. I suspect you already have your shades installed. Do they hang free and thus swing when you accelerate and deccelerate or do they travel in a channel that is mounted on the posts alongside the windshield as do those I've seen in the actory installations? For 1/5 th factory price I suspect they just ang free but just had to ask.
Thanks for the feedback.
Regards,
Lloyd
Old 03-13-2011, 04:53 PM   #31

Quote:
Thanks for the info Charlie. And to you too Don. I suspect you already have your shades installed. Do they hang free and thus swing when you accelerate and deccelerate or do they travel in a channel that is mounted on the posts alongside the windshield as do those I've seen in the actory installations? For 1/5 th factory price I suspect they just ang free but just had to ask.
Thanks for the feedback.
Regards,
Lloyd
No, they don't swing free. They have a metal frame that faces toward the window and expands as the shade goes down, much like one of those baby fences people put in doorways in the house. They do not travel in the groves that are in the post covers.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:10 PM   #32

You mean one of those pantographs
Old 03-13-2011, 08:55 PM   #33

I Have a 2011 378ts georgetown ,but it is in storage and i am away from home my question is the a-piller should it have the grove for the sun shade
marclaw15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #34

Quote:
You mean one of those pantographs
Yes, simular to that. You won't see it from the inside of the coach, though, if you install them properly. All the shades Shadepro has are for the left hand side, so the wires will be coming out of the left side on both of them. To hide the wires coming from the shade on the right you're probably going to have to route them thru the overhead cabinettes.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:48 AM   #35

Ended up having the single night shade installed due to a mix up at the dealers. Will now look for a sunscreen to mount either on the inside or outside of front window.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:16 PM   #36

Thank you Nemo. These sound very much like they would warrant further consideration. As others have so adeptly stated; the existing factory sunvisors are virtually useless as you cannot adjust them while driving. In fact , you cannot even reach them. Poor engineering or ill thought cost cutting?
Lloyd
Old 04-18-2011, 11:12 PM   #37

After reading this thread when it started I decided to buy a set of the 43-inch wide visors from Shadepro on eBay a few weeks ago and was able to find the time to install this past weekend. Boy what a difference they make and for $73 each it was a steal. I searched around and most sites wanted $200 or more a piece for one visor.
I can't believe I went a year and half with the skimpy factory visors. The install was a breeze - yes they are both left-hand motors so I had to splice wires on one of the units in order to reach the remote control unit - but it was very easy. Wireless remote mounts anywhere you want on the dash and you are good to go.
If you don't have power visors, I strongly recommend getting a set of these before Shadepro runs out of inventory.
Sterling All-Terrain Tow Bar - SMI Stay-In-Play Duo
Do What You Like - Like What You Do!
Los Popes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:53 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Popes View Post
After reading this thread when it started I decided to buy a set of the 43-inch wide visors from Shadepro on eBay a few weeks ago and was able to find the time to install this past weekend. Boy what a difference they make and for $73 each it was a steal. I searched around and most sites wanted $200 or more a piece for one visor.
I can't believe I went a year and half with the skimpy factory visors. The install was a breeze - yes they are both left-hand motors so I had to splice wires on one of the units in order to reach the remote control unit - but it was very easy. Wireless remote mounts anywhere you want on the dash and you are good to go.
If you don't have power visors, I strongly recommend getting a set of these before Shadepro runs out of inventory.
Ditto!
Old 04-19-2011, 09:59 AM   #39

I also took the great advice on this forum and installed these automatic visors (agree with a previous post regarding having to bend yourself into a pretzel a few times under the dash tho!). They work great and I was able to do a clean install without any exposed wires. I also installed the new Clarion NX501 in dash GPS multimedia head unit along with some upgraded Alpine speakers. Ready to head out this weekend on maiden voyage of 2011! Cheers,

Hugh
Robby1139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:36 AM   #40

Does anyone have pictures of the factory mounted shades done aftermarket? I was talking with the factory rep and he said I would have to replace the entire bulkhead to mount the shades. I guess from they factory they are recessed? It sounds like maybe some of you mounted them flush on the bulkhead and they work fine.... is that correct?

Thanks, Randy