Old 10-19-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
Prewired for Solar

I'm sure this question has been raised before but I could not find it in several searches, probably because I'm unfamiliar with how to phrase the question. Can any owner of a 2010 Georgetown 350 ts tell me if this rig is prewired, at the factory, for the application of solar panels? If not, can anyone who has installed them tell me if this is a complicated job for a competent DIY'er?
Thanks for your feedback.

starburst2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:05 AM   #2
There is no prewiring for solar. The easiest way to do it is run the wires down the refrigerator vent. Many have done it this way and it is not too hard.

Ron Hanson
2009 Georgetown 350TS (bunks)
400W solar, 440AH 6V GC2
2009 Ford Edge AWD Ltd towed
2011 Honda Fit Sport towed
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:11 PM   #3
Thanks Ron. I kinda thought FR would not prewire but I have not yet been up on my roof. Great news though, FR is supposed to have shipped the missing parts to complete the repairs to my new 2010 Georgetown that some drunk nearly destroyed after only five days of ownership. That was over 2 1/2 monts ago so we are becoming anxious to give it a workout. I need to get on with some upgrades that will make it more suited to boondocking like addition of solar panels, an inverter, more battery capacity and a satellite dish. I will be ordering the panels in the next few days. Somewhere on this forum I read about an industrial stregth two sided tape that people use to attach their panels to the roof without drilling holes through the roof. Can anyone tell me the name of that product and where it can be purchased?
starburst2 is offline   Reply With Quote