Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2017, 12:57 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcluvtohunt View Post
Some people think they rule the internet, that's why they call them trolls. NMWildcat those of us seeking the knowledge appreciate your help. The other, should have scrolled on by. I think he forgot what most mothers taught. If you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all. AND some things are better left unsaid. How about mind your own business? Or, how about the eavesdropping rule of etiquette? I would think that would apply here. I would think, if it doesn't pertain to you, stay out of it, also works. So far, we've really enjoyed this group. So many knowledgeable and helpful people with a common interest. Again, NMWildcat, Thanks again for your comments! Much appreciated. Sorry if this hurts your feeling bubbles, but try and go with the flow, there are no hard set rules about being nice.
I have a GT 378 and have not seen one thing in these posts that apply to the leveling system as installed in my unit that would be of some assistance to another individual with a GT motorhome. Evidently, you are satisfied with the inputs and are not familiar with the system installed in you unit enough to make a judgement call as to what is pertinent or not. As long as you are satisfied then that's all that counts. Good luck with your issues. I'm not going to add some info that actually applies to your unit so you are not confused more than you will be. I'm done.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:59 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
I have a GT 378 and have not seen one thing in these posts that apply to the leveling system as installed in my unit that would be of some assistance to another individual with a GT motorhome. Evidently, you are satisfied with the inputs and are not familiar with the system installed in you unit enough to make a judgement call as to what is pertinent or not. As long as you are satisfied then that's all that counts. Good luck with your issues. I'm not going to add some info that actually applies to your unit so you are not confused more than you will be. I'm done.
Sorry you can't find the instruction manual for your particular unit bubbles. The internet is a big place....
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 01:55 PM   #23

Good, and thank you!
dcluvtohunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:34 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Sorry you can't find the instruction manual for your particular unit bubbles. The internet is a big place....
It's in an overhead cabinet in the supplied data package, along with all the other manuals associated with all of the other installed systems on my unit but, thanks for your concern.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:36 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
It's in an overhead cabinet in the supplied data package, along with all the other manuals associated with all of the other installed systems on my unit but, thanks for your concern.
Anytime!! Have a nice day. And thanks for being so helpful!
Old 05-17-2017, 02:56 PM   #26

I like to monitor this forum and I don't just monitor the Cedar Creek or 5th wheel forum even though that is what I have. I just look at the most recent posts and these do not identify what sub-forum they were generated. In this particular thread the subject was "Auto Leveling". Now, I have one of those so I am interested. The OP did not originally identify his RV type and did when asked. I'm still clueless to what type RV he owns. Model numbers mean nothing to the majority of us unless we own the same model number. So a GT 378 could be a 5th wheel or a tongue pull or what ever so I'm still interested and am going to do what NMwildcat did and give info to the OP.

I certainly don't mean to trespass into another sub-forum but I bet more than not most components are the same in all types of RV's. So, if we sometimes give info that is not relevant to the OP, we still tried to help and I bet there are lurkers who could use that info for their RV. Keep this site friendly, I like it. One of the best forums on the internet...

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:31 PM   #27

My auto leveling system on my motorhome was always off a little too. Even after going through the re calibration procedure in the manual, the bubbles on the levels (one for side to side, one for front to back) were always a little short of being right on level. So I fooled the system by manually going past level and setting that as the 'zero' point. It took a few tries to get it, but that seems to have done the trick.
chroniekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:40 PM   #28

For you guys with LC I systems. Get the app called
MY LCI.All of the manuals are there including the auto level zero point.
I
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:51 AM   #29

31L5 bathroom door latch misalignment

Forget the latch. The tolerance it too tight to work reliably. Any slight twist in the frame will cause misalignment. Remove it and replace it with a magnet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The link is to an Amazon magnet that I have purchased ($7.06 prime). and will install as soon as I get my 31L5 back from the dealer who is doing some warranty work. If the magnet is not strong enough, I'll just add a second magnet.

If the link doesn't work, e-mail me at james.e.mccormick@gmail.com. I'll send the link to you via gmail.
McCormickJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:52 AM   #30

THANK YOU! Very helpful!!!
Old 05-18-2017, 11:57 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
I like to monitor this forum and I don't just monitor the Cedar Creek or 5th wheel forum even though that is what I have. I just look at the most recent posts and these do not identify what sub-forum they were generated. In this particular thread the subject was "Auto Leveling". Now, I have one of those so I am interested. The OP did not originally identify his RV type and did when asked. I'm still clueless to what type RV he owns. Model numbers mean nothing to the majority of us unless we own the same model number. So a GT 378 could be a 5th wheel or a tongue pull or what ever so I'm still interested and am going to do what NMwildcat did and give info to the OP.

I certainly don't mean to trespass into another sub-forum but I bet more than not most components are the same in all types of RV's. So, if we sometimes give info that is not relevant to the OP, we still tried to help and I bet there are lurkers who could use that info for their RV. Keep this site friendly, I like it. One of the best forums on the internet...
You are correct, I forgot that important piece of info. It's a 31L5. You aren't causing any problems whatsoever by joining in. The problem arose when someone made a snarky comment, instead of being helpful. Welcome to the convo!!!#[emoji4]
Old 05-18-2017, 12:09 PM   #32

Ironically I have the same model 31L5 FR Georgetown Series 5 2018 and I'm having the same issue and other issues as well. Right now I'm wtg for a road tech to come to my house b/c the large slide won't retract found a blown Hyd Line. But as for the alignment issue it's on my hit list when the MH returns to their shop for warranty work. I'd fix it myself but there's no slack on the guide.
Great Granddaughter - Cora (2 y/o)
Great Grandson - Zek (1 y/o)
Phillip (son)/Charlotte (6 y/o)
dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:45 PM   #33

I find the auto level system to operate so badly, I never use it. A simple bubble level at the sink in the manual mode works good. Auto will bring the front tires off the ground, and I never do that.
Dc8mdtmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:06 PM   #34

Problem with leveling system and slides

I have a 2013 Georgetown 352 SQ XL; all four jacks are down and I cannot get them to retract. The LCI Electronic Leveling system has the "Jacks Down" light on and the left arrow keeps blinking. After a while, all five lights on the left side of the panel will blink. I have pressed all four arrows to reset; however, I keep getting back to the point where the Jacks Down light is on and the left arrow keeps blinking. Also, I have noticed that the slides will not operate at all (stopped after the issue arose with jacks).
ProfV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:48 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfV View Post
I have a 2013 Georgetown 352 SQ XL; all four jacks are down and I cannot get them to retract. The LCI Electronic Leveling system has the "Jacks Down" light on and the left arrow keeps blinking. After a while, all five lights on the left side of the panel will blink. I have pressed all four arrows to reset; however, I keep getting back to the point where the Jacks Down light is on and the left arrow keeps blinking. Also, I have noticed that the slides will not operate at all (stopped after the issue arose with jacks).
Not sure if this doc is describing your exact control panel, but it discusses trouble shooting with meanings for blinking lights on the panel. Hope it helps.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...S_0IqxT4fj8LPA
Old 06-13-2017, 12:06 AM   #36

Thanks for the reply. I found the document contained in your link earlier. Unfortunately, it does not describe my specific problem on its trouble shooting page. My efforts to use that document and similar documents found on the Lippert systems have not proven productive yet.
ProfV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 12:35 AM   #37

Sorry to hear that. Maybe it's time for a mobile tech? We have had good luck with them. Might also give lippert a call if you have enough patience
Old 06-13-2017, 01:03 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfV View Post
Try holding down the ENTER and RETRACT buttons at the same time. That clears errors on my 2015. If that does not work, try lifting the control panel out of it's bracket and unplugging it for about 60 seconds or so. That works on mine.

Frank
FrankMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:35 PM   #39

Since the slides and the level up are not working it may be the mini-breaker to the hydraulic pump has tripped. The slides and level up are somewhat independent but use the same pump. I'm not familiar with you MH as I have a 5th wheel, so maybe someone will chime in to tell you where that breaker is.

Old 06-13-2017, 01:41 PM   #40

You could also trace the + wire from the hydraulic motor to the breaker, maybe.

Tags
leveling