Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #1

Unhappy problems with turn signal,headlights,flashers

High: I have a 2002 325 FR class A. I am haveing trouble with the LIGHTS.

1. I have no right side turn signal in the front anytime and I have changed the buld ,fuses and still nothing

2. No brake lights all all did the same as above.

3.My 4 way flasker work but goes out when i put my headlights on.
I hve changed bulbs ,fuses relays still nothing would some one out there please help me with this. I am ready to pull out my hair.

Thanks
dreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #2

Place a good set of jumper cables from the negative battery terminal to the headlights ground. If you see improvement look for a broken ground. The cassis is grounded but the fiberglass ends (front and rear) are not metal so they need a ground wire of sufficient size to handle the current. The ground side is not fused and is common to your failed components.
intercept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Have to agree with intercept about the ground. I had a similar situation a few years back and found the ground to the frame under the hood was poorly done. An aluminum self-tapping screw had been used with an oversized terminal connector with a round loop and a washer. No paint was removed from the frame where the screw was installed so my connection was just the threads of the screw. I found mine behind a large amount of wires on the driver's side under the hood. I drilled a hole in place where the screw had been, wire wheeled off the paint at the hole and bolted the terminal end to the frame. I then sprayed terminal protector over the whole thing. Have not had any problems since.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #4

Its like Forrest River just started building Georgetown Motorhomes
and they haven't worked out all of the kinks yet
jojo bamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #5

Try taking the bulbs out of all the flashers, including any repeaters on the sides, and putting them back in. My front flashers would not work( L or R) until I did this. It's like all the grounds are wired in series and when one goes, they all go.
Hampton Roads VA
2016 174 Days camping, 2017 66 days 2018 24 days 2019 48 days 2020 25 days 2021 6
mogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:02 PM   #6

Charlie, I have the 370 and the exact same ground problem. Only it happened at 3 A.M. on rt 80, bingo no lights. That will scare the life out of ya fast. Had to do the same repair.
370xl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:12 PM   #7

I say its a common ground problem.
Take a look under the hood on the vertical frameright side(drivers side)
Look for the wires that are attached to the metal column.
This may help a little in what you should be looking at.

See the little white wire attched to the column in the picture between the horns.
You may have a few more wires. That seem to be the common ground point for FR Georgetowns that give problems.
Good luck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Motorhome June 16 2013 003.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	36340  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #8
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370xl View Post
Charlie, I have the 370 and the exact same ground problem. Only it happened at 3 A.M. on rt 80, bingo no lights. That will scare the life out of ya fast. Had to do the same repair.
Thankfully mine happened in my driveway, but strangely it happened at 3:00 AM as well. I planned to head to the Camping World that used to be in Manassas VA to have an Inverter problem addressed. I figured I be ahead of the Capital Beltway traffic and just sack out once I got there. I wasn't able to really look into the problem until daybreak so I was about 3 hours behind schedule but tahnkfully found it and was still able to get to CW later taht day.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 07-28-2013, 11:04 AM   #9
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo bamboo View Post
Its like Forrest River just started building Georgetown Motorhomes
and they haven't worked out all of the kinks yet
That's the problem with high production and meeting quotas. It's all the little things that add up to the bigger problems to their customers. Every time I've had a problem I've contacted them for advise or just to give them the info about what I found. Every response stated they would bring it to the production supervisor's attention. I guess they try their best to keep costs down but building a water heater support out of the scrap they cut from another area to me is just ridiculous. See my post My Version of Come On Man!
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...man-21579.html

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR