Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2014, 05:17 PM   #1

Progressive converter Charge Wizard?..

I have a progressive converter with a charge wizard installed... It's supposed to charge, boost ,desulfurization and float charge battery... Anyone have any experience with this unit.. I have it stored and plugged in and want to make sure if anyone has any first hand knowledge that it does in deed do what it's supposed to... ..

I check the lights and it's telling me it's in storage mode..( float charging ).. Every 24 hrs it goes into desulfurization mode..

Thoughts opinions..
Old 10-19-2014, 06:21 PM   #2

I've had the PD with charge wizard in my older 5th wheel for over 10 years now. It has performed flawlessly, keeping my Trojan batteries in perfect condition. For the most part you can just forget about what it's doing and when it's doing it. The first year or so I'd monitor the charging status until I realized it always did what it was supposed to do, when it was supposed to do it. The only time I manipulate the unit is when I'm boondocking and it's time to fire up the generator and replenish the batteries. That's when I will force it into high charge mode so as to limit the generator run time.
Ham_Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 06:33 PM   #3

Thats good to hear..Thanks Ham bone... Appreciate you taking the time.... Stay safe
Old 10-19-2014, 11:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedjester View Post
Thats good to hear..Thanks Ham bone... Appreciate you taking the time.... Stay safe
Here is the manual as well as a quick chart that tells you what it is doing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	65045  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 109821E english manual.pdf (280.9 KB, 46 views)
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:10 PM   #5

Thanks Iggy.. I have the manual.. And the little cardboard chart they give you.. Just wanted to make sure it really worked as the manufacturer stated..lol

Thanks again..appreciate it..
Old 10-21-2014, 04:17 PM   #6

The battery minders do a great job. But I personally prefer to just disconnect the negative cable when I store my coach. A fully charged battery will hold its charge for many months if all parasitic drains are removed. And since I store at home, I typically drive the coach every few months anyway and also run the generator every couple of months just to keep it "fresh". Full timers are smart to use a battery minder because the Georgetown supplied system can overcharge the batteries when plugged to shore power for long times.
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
converter