Old 02-16-2014, 02:31 PM   #11

Mine did that once, when the seal around the steps came loose. Might check that.

FordIdaho: Unless things have changed, the 360's batteries are in an open rack under the steps, and the detector is just above the steps

I used to teach Electronic Technology at Idaho State in Poky!

1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:50 PM   #12

My alarm would go off frequently after being on shore power a while. The battery compartment is under the steps and close to the sensor. With my coach if the coach power switch is in the on position while driving then the altenater charges the house batteries and they are at full charge when I plug in to shore power. The charger then keeps charging at too high a rate and that was boiling the batteries and setting off the alarm. I switched to sealed batteries and the alarm has not gone off since. Still need to upgrade the chager system to one that won't overcharge the house batteries while on shore power.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:35 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillMFl View Post
My alarm would go off frequently after being on shore power a while. The battery compartment is under the steps and close to the sensor. With my coach if the coach power switch is in the on position while driving then the altenater charges the house batteries and they are at full charge when I plug in to shore power. The charger then keeps charging at too high a rate and that was boiling the batteries and setting off the alarm. I switched to sealed batteries and the alarm has not gone off since. Still need to upgrade the chager system to one that won't overcharge the house batteries while on shore power.

That seems to be the best match to my issue I've heard so far. Batteries checked out good and I put a little extra weatherstripping around the steps just to cover the bases. Four hour drive and no alarm. Parked on shore power and less than 30 mins later, alarm goes off. Switched off the coach power and after a full day, no alarm. Guess I need to look into sealed batteries and a better charger. Really appreciate the help,from everyone.
powellmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:44 AM   #14

I also have had the same problem, turning off the battery disconnect usually does the trick. Also a small fan pointing at the stairs will stop it. I have had the problem using the generator while overnighting in a truck stop. If I service the battery's it will take care of for a period of time.

Tags
propane