Old 09-04-2016, 06:21 PM   #1
WhoDoMan

Pull down shade clip

On my 2014 377 XL the shade came tumbling down while we where traveling. Made a quick road repair. Does anyone know where you can order the spring loaded "shade bar hanging clips". My clips where pop riveted to the "L" bracket. Thanks in advance!

Old 09-04-2016, 08:10 PM   #2

On the shade there may be a mfr label. Ours on our 14 378 are Irvine Shade. And Door. I called them and they sent me replacements at no charge. Check their website as there are three different styles of clips. I think the issue is that not enough clips were installed in the first place.

Old 09-04-2016, 08:36 PM   #3
WhoDoMan

Thank you 360true. That is exactly what I have. There were just two clips so I think you are correct....to heavy for just 2 clips. I will call next week.
Great forum and you just made it better by helping!
Old 09-06-2016, 09:47 AM   #4

I just went thru the same thing on another post and they have 4 versions of clips so make sure you get the right ones.. We had two different styles.. I also had them send me enough to add one hanger in the middle also.. There was no charge
Old 09-06-2016, 10:05 AM   #5
WhoDoMan

Thank-you I'm calling today
Old 09-06-2016, 10:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoDoMan View Post
Thank-you I'm calling today
Just make sure you look at their site and have the right number clip to give them when you call.. Good luck
Old 09-06-2016, 02:45 PM   #7

Went through the same issue with my shades . When you talk to Irvine order the clips for all the shades in coach and install the correct amount of clips for each shade. My shades over the sofa and dinette called for 4 clips each, factory installed 2 so both fell off. Be sure to check the clips and order the correct type of clip, the sofa and dinette where different clips. I had to remove the valances to made the repair.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:23 PM   #8

OMG you Guys & Gals are awesome. I opened the forum started to read the list and remembered I needed to find out about a shade bracket that just broke on our last trip. When I started to read whammmm I remembered I needed to call someone. THEN as I continued to read the list there you were about the shade brackets. This forum is outstanding. I just called Irvine Shade & Doors (574-522-1446) super company. Very helpful. Thank you all for the information. You all have helped me so much with many things.
Old 09-06-2016, 06:36 PM   #9
Back On The Go

Clips on my 53" shade over the dinette both broke, too, causing my shade to come crashing down. FR warranty service sent me replacements and I'm waiting for reimbursement for pmt made to mobile repair to help me reinstall shade while on the road. I told FR there need to be more than 2 clips and/or metal vs plastic clips.
Old 09-06-2016, 07:00 PM   #10

I had the "L" shaped clips on my coach, but I had them send me a different style that I could easily use with two screws. Much better.