Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2016, 05:21 PM   #1
WhoDoMan

Pull down shade clip

On my 2014 377 XL the shade came tumbling down while we where traveling. Made a quick road repair. Does anyone know where you can order the spring loaded "shade bar hanging clips". My clips where pop riveted to the "L" bracket. Thanks in advance!
whoDoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 07:10 PM   #2

On the shade there may be a mfr label. Ours on our 14 378 are Irvine Shade. And Door. I called them and they sent me replacements at no charge. Check their website as there are three different styles of clips. I think the issue is that not enough clips were installed in the first place.
360true is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 07:36 PM   #3
WhoDoMan

Thank you 360true. That is exactly what I have. There were just two clips so I think you are correct....to heavy for just 2 clips. I will call next week.
Great forum and you just made it better by helping!
Old 09-06-2016, 08:47 AM   #4

I just went thru the same thing on another post and they have 4 versions of clips so make sure you get the right ones.. We had two different styles.. I also had them send me enough to add one hanger in the middle also.. There was no charge
Old 09-06-2016, 09:05 AM   #5
WhoDoMan

Thank-you I'm calling today
Old 09-06-2016, 09:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoDoMan View Post
Thank-you I'm calling today
Just make sure you look at their site and have the right number clip to give them when you call.. Good luck
Old 09-06-2016, 01:45 PM   #7

Went through the same issue with my shades . When you talk to Irvine order the clips for all the shades in coach and install the correct amount of clips for each shade. My shades over the sofa and dinette called for 4 clips each, factory installed 2 so both fell off. Be sure to check the clips and order the correct type of clip, the sofa and dinette where different clips. I had to remove the valances to made the repair.
conddave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 03:23 PM   #8

OMG you Guys & Gals are awesome. I opened the forum started to read the list and remembered I needed to find out about a shade bracket that just broke on our last trip. When I started to read whammmm I remembered I needed to call someone. THEN as I continued to read the list there you were about the shade brackets. This forum is outstanding. I just called Irvine Shade & Doors (574-522-1446) super company. Very helpful. Thank you all for the information. You all have helped me so much with many things.
alicemerrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 05:36 PM   #9
Back On The Go

Clips on my 53" shade over the dinette both broke, too, causing my shade to come crashing down. FR warranty service sent me replacements and I'm waiting for reimbursement for pmt made to mobile repair to help me reinstall shade while on the road. I told FR there need to be more than 2 clips and/or metal vs plastic clips.
salwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 06:00 PM   #10

I had the "L" shaped clips on my coach, but I had them send me a different style that I could easily use with two screws. Much better.
360true is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 08:33 AM   #11

We've had nothing but trouble with our roll shades since we bought our rv. Need to get new brackets.
gjbegoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 02:17 PM   #12

Just had our blinds come crashing down from behind the couch on our RV. I contacted Irwin and they are great. I just told them what style I have and they are sending them to me, no charge. It is nice to deal with such a great company.
I only had two clips installed from the factory, I will replace with four.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:26 AM   #13
Georgia Gets Around

We just got done replacing the clips and reinstalling the shades. It does help to roll down the shades a bit to get some finger room in order to reclip it. We didn't find it easy so there must be some trick we were missing but we sincerely want to fix things ourselves, especially for items that will reoccur. It looks like original had a plastic piece and new one had metal but it is hard to tell for sure without breaking the new one. ha ha
Old 09-29-2016, 11:48 AM   #14

When I added more clips I could see why they only used two.. It was not fun at all.. But hopefully that takes care of the problem.. We have gone two thousand miles so far since they fell and no problems yet
Old 10-12-2016, 02:43 PM   #15

Great timing!

I was just logging on to try and figure out how those spring loaded clips work and discovered it's not just me who is having a problem. I called the company and they are sending me clips so I can fix and/or replace the broken ones and add more for support!
Thanks everyone!
JuleyT is offline   Reply With Quote