Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2016, 10:02 AM   #21

Reading your posts, sorta between lines, I could save you a step. Many folks that bought type of rig your contemplating , like myself, bought a Georgetown or similar ,,ended up year or two later with something like a Berkshire, Berks have really come out with a pretty Big Bang for the buck. An quite, lol. You step down on that v 10.she gets it done but noisy, compared to a diesel pusher, may or may not be something to think about.
SEAYALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:06 AM   #22

Not so much since 2016. The new transmission made all the difference.
Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:13 AM   #23
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modmike View Post
Not so much since 2016. The new transmission made all the difference.
Mine gets better with every mile right now. I can no longer hear a downshift from 6th to 5th and 4th gear 3500rpm is just noticeable. I do listen to the radio, but not at cranked up volumes. There is usually more wind noise than anything.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:19 AM   #24

Listen to Aquaman, he's the boss!

By the way Aquaman, I finished all those heavy duty mods I was talking about. I even have my Android head unit upgraded to Lollipop and using Torque connected to Bluetooth ODB2 to run diagnostics, gauges, and a bunch of fuel calculations, including MPG.

I will do a full write up in after I get back from Myrtle beach. Leaving this Friday and really jazzed at our first major excursion.
Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:23 AM   #25
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Listen to Aquaman, he's the boss!

By the way Aquaman, I finished all those heavy duty mods I was talking about. I even have my Android head unit upgraded to Lollipop and using Torque connected to Bluetooth ODB2 to run diagnostics, gauges, and a bunch of fuel calculations, including MPG.

I will do a full write up in after I get back from Myrtle beach. Leaving this Friday and really jazzed at our first major excursion.
That sounds awesome! I would be interested in doing that as well.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:47 PM   #26

Quote:
Externally vented combo washer-dryer install is very simple in a 364, they are plumbed for the unit. It is a dealer installed option so make it part of the deal if you want it. Be sure to get the vented model, it is usually what they install but better safe than sorry.

Mine had everything including full body paint, but no washer so I decided to save $1,000 and do it myself when I felt the need.
Make the washer/dryer part of the deal or the venting?
Curly_hair0108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 05:49 PM   #27

Please let me know when you do the write up and what exactly you did.
Old 08-10-2016, 08:58 PM   #28

We have a 2015 364TS and love the coach. With three teens, it's a perfect fit. Needs a pantry but we've learned to live without it. However, it's a whole different story with the Ford chassis. I've done steering stabilizer, rear trackbar, front and rear heavy duty anti-sway bars and Sumo springs. (The Sumo Springs probably did the most good.) Just got fed up with the thing wandering all over the road requiring constant steering input. Engine noise and low power leave a lot to be desired. I would upgrade to a Berk tomorrow if it wasn't for our commitment to remain debt free. All that aside, we have had very few problems with the coach. Putting it all together, I still think it's the best coach on the road for the money.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:45 PM   #29

2016 364ts owner here. We have 4 kids so needed the space, bunks, and bathroom. A few minor items that are being worked. Biggest complaint is roof edges warping on fiberglass and having to put a radius kit on it...this means holes in my 1 piece roof. Common problem, as is the rear king bed slide which they do have a fix instruction kit for and they will repair.

We just do weekends and two one week trips so far, couldn't justify spending much more. For under 100k we got everything plus washer and dryer combo which we like. Seems after some miles I am used to the handling, although if it is windy I will slow down to 55 or 60. If it's. It windy you can one hand it at 70mph comfortably.

One gripe for interior quality would be all the cabinet colored tape and just poor cabinet finish and fit up in some areas. It's relatively minor but it is there, still in my mind it's a great value.
JLud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:57 AM   #30

We installed our vented washer/dryer ourselves......no problem and I love it. Usually was a load a day an keep up laundry. So nice to come home and not have a ton of laundry to do. We love our Georgetown xl 378.
gjbegoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:06 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
Mine gets better with every mile right now. I can no longer hear a downshift from 6th to 5th and 4th gear 3500rpm is just noticeable. I do listen to the radio, but not at cranked up volumes. There is usually more wind noise than anything.

Can I ask "wind noise" from where? I'm really hoping you have the window open....lol !
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:37 PM   #32
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

When you have 80 sq ft of flat sail heading into 70mph wind, you're gonna have some noise. The side windows are always a downfall.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 08-12-2016, 09:42 AM   #33

Add the entry door to what AquaMan said. As an added note, the door screen rattles especially the black metal plate adjacent to the sliding handle access panel. I ran a bead of clear calk around both sides of that plate and it made a noticeable difference.
Old 08-13-2016, 09:06 AM   #34
RET

seats in 2017 364TS

I looked at the 2017 and It is exactly what I want. BUT I read on a list about the seats peeling and sure enough. The driver's, cockpit sofa and Dinette are made of the painted fabric and there was already a spot on the dinette cushion that was peeling. I asked two salesmen if it could be replaced with vinyl. One said no and the other said he was going to check with the factory. The XL has the better seats. If they come only with the
the painted fabric it will be a deal breaker for me. The Tiffin used better seat covers although it is a little more expensive.
RET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 10:04 AM   #35
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Painted fabric??

Old 08-13-2016, 10:06 AM   #36
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Mine came with all vinyl seating. No fabric anywhere except throw pillows

Old 08-13-2016, 12:55 PM   #37
RET

painted fabric.

I read on this forum that some one had a one year old Georgetown and the leather looking stuff was peeling off their seat. AS a matter it was like peeling latex paint of the handle of a paint brush. So I was aware of the problem and looked for it. I believe the trade name is "Soft-touch" The XL has real viynal.
The post I read was less that 3 months old/
RET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:45 PM   #38

We have a 2016 364 and love it. Bang for buck, you can't beat it. 6 spd tran, 22.5 tires, solid surface countertops with recessed sink and stove covers, convection microwave, King size bed, auto hydro leveling, two full baths, huge residential fridge, nice bunks with separate tvs, washer dryer hook up, two A/c's, 5 tvs with outside tv and radio, NO carpet, over head drop down bunk, full pullout bed in couch, power awning with LED. What more can you ask for? Sure, you can always pay more for other brands with LESS features but why? My dealer even included 30 free camping days at any Thousand Trails campsite and a lifetime warranty on the motorhome which covers just about every major component in the coach! Plus threw in satellite tv for cost! All of this for just over 100k? A better deal just doesn't exist. However nice the cabinets are in the other units, they are NOT worth 15-20k more. Think about it, you could redo an entire kitchen in your house for 20K and you are considering paying that for "nicer" cabinets in an RV? In my mind the only justification for paying more for a Class A is to get a Diesel engine. In my opinion there is no match for the 364 in the gasser category when considering overall bang for buck...
Melvinson404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 10:20 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvinson404 View Post
We have a 2016 364 and love it. Bang for buck, you can't beat it. 6 spd tran, 22.5 tires, solid surface countertops with recessed sink and stove covers, convection microwave, King size bed, auto hydro leveling, two full baths, huge residential fridge, nice bunks with separate tvs, washer dryer hook up, two A/c's, 5 tvs with outside tv and radio, NO carpet, over head drop down bunk, full pullout bed in couch, power awning with LED. What more can you ask for? Sure, you can always pay more for other brands with LESS features but why? My dealer even included 30 free camping days at any Thousand Trails campsite and a lifetime warranty on the motorhome which covers just about every major component in the coach! Plus threw in satellite tv for cost! All of this for just over 100k? A better deal just doesn't exist. However nice the cabinets are in the other units, they are NOT worth 15-20k more. Think about it, you could redo an entire kitchen in your house for 20K and you are considering paying that for "nicer" cabinets in an RV? In my mind the only justification for paying more for a Class A is to get a Diesel engine. In my opinion there is no match for the 364 in the gasser category when considering overall bang for buck...
I totally agree with you that this was the best bang for buck we could find with out paying the extra $100000 for a diesel and they still dont have a floor plan like the 364
Old 08-18-2016, 11:44 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvinson404 View Post
Melvin,

Where did you buy yours?

Tags
georgetown