Old 08-10-2016, 11:02 AM   #21

Reading your posts, sorta between lines, I could save you a step. Many folks that bought type of rig your contemplating , like myself, bought a Georgetown or similar ,,ended up year or two later with something like a Berkshire, Berks have really come out with a pretty Big Bang for the buck. An quite, lol. You step down on that v 10.she gets it done but noisy, compared to a diesel pusher, may or may not be something to think about.

Old 08-10-2016, 11:06 AM   #22

Not so much since 2016. The new transmission made all the difference.

Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:13 AM   #23
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modmike View Post
Not so much since 2016. The new transmission made all the difference.
Mine gets better with every mile right now. I can no longer hear a downshift from 6th to 5th and 4th gear 3500rpm is just noticeable. I do listen to the radio, but not at cranked up volumes. There is usually more wind noise than anything.
2015 - 41
2016 - 81
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:19 AM   #24

Listen to Aquaman, he's the boss!

By the way Aquaman, I finished all those heavy duty mods I was talking about. I even have my Android head unit upgraded to Lollipop and using Torque connected to Bluetooth ODB2 to run diagnostics, gauges, and a bunch of fuel calculations, including MPG.

I will do a full write up in after I get back from Myrtle beach. Leaving this Friday and really jazzed at our first major excursion.
Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:23 AM   #25
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Listen to Aquaman, he's the boss!

By the way Aquaman, I finished all those heavy duty mods I was talking about. I even have my Android head unit upgraded to Lollipop and using Torque connected to Bluetooth ODB2 to run diagnostics, gauges, and a bunch of fuel calculations, including MPG.

I will do a full write up in after I get back from Myrtle beach. Leaving this Friday and really jazzed at our first major excursion.
That sounds awesome! I would be interested in doing that as well.
2015 - 41
2016 - 81
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 06:47 PM   #26

Quote:
Externally vented combo washer-dryer install is very simple in a 364, they are plumbed for the unit. It is a dealer installed option so make it part of the deal if you want it. Be sure to get the vented model, it is usually what they install but better safe than sorry.

Mine had everything including full body paint, but no washer so I decided to save $1,000 and do it myself when I felt the need.
Make the washer/dryer part of the deal or the venting?
Old 08-10-2016, 06:49 PM   #27

Please let me know when you do the write up and what exactly you did.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:58 PM   #28

We have a 2015 364TS and love the coach. With three teens, it's a perfect fit. Needs a pantry but we've learned to live without it. However, it's a whole different story with the Ford chassis. I've done steering stabilizer, rear trackbar, front and rear heavy duty anti-sway bars and Sumo springs. (The Sumo Springs probably did the most good.) Just got fed up with the thing wandering all over the road requiring constant steering input. Engine noise and low power leave a lot to be desired. I would upgrade to a Berk tomorrow if it wasn't for our commitment to remain debt free. All that aside, we have had very few problems with the coach. Putting it all together, I still think it's the best coach on the road for the money.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:45 PM   #29

2016 364ts owner here. We have 4 kids so needed the space, bunks, and bathroom. A few minor items that are being worked. Biggest complaint is roof edges warping on fiberglass and having to put a radius kit on it...this means holes in my 1 piece roof. Common problem, as is the rear king bed slide which they do have a fix instruction kit for and they will repair.

We just do weekends and two one week trips so far, couldn't justify spending much more. For under 100k we got everything plus washer and dryer combo which we like. Seems after some miles I am used to the handling, although if it is windy I will slow down to 55 or 60. If it's. It windy you can one hand it at 70mph comfortably.

One gripe for interior quality would be all the cabinet colored tape and just poor cabinet finish and fit up in some areas. It's relatively minor but it is there, still in my mind it's a great value.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:57 AM   #30

We installed our vented washer/dryer ourselves......no problem and I love it. Usually was a load a day an keep up laundry. So nice to come home and not have a ton of laundry to do. We love our Georgetown xl 378.

Tags
georgetown