Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2013, 04:27 PM   #1

Purchasing an entire furniture set: Couch, Dinette and seats how do you get them in?

Hello All,

We finally did it and purchased a 2008 Georgetown 370 ts xl, got a good deal on it, but the furniture has had it and really needs to be replaced. I have learned a lot from your great posts so far and have a question for you.

In my search for good furniture I found a great deal on De Leon II package that I feel that I can't pass up, but everyone here appears to be using Flex-steel. The major problem is the Flex-steel come up to about double the cost for the stuff I'm looking at compared to this shop that has an amazing sale on the custom Del Leon furniture.

So I have a couple of questions as I'm getting ready to purchase an entire set, a Couch, a Dinette, a seats for driver, a passenger and third seat behind the passenger seat. But I can't find much about De Leon, let alone De Leon II.

I'm also very curious on the quality of the furniture and if I do get it how do I get all that stuff through the door or do we have to take the windshield out to do all that?

Thanks,
e
E-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:00 PM   #2
Navion IQ 24V

It is built for RVs & boats, so it will all come apart fairly easy. You pay more for Flexsteel but its well worth it if you plan on keeping it for a while.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildhog56 View Post
It is built for RVs & boats, so it will all come apart fairly easy. You pay more for Flexsteel but its well worth it if you plan on keeping it for a while.
I hope they have Flexsteel so I could compare the quality. I called the company and found out that they are 30 minutes from where I am in Southern California(I just happen to be on assignment near by), so I'm excited to go and will visit the factory floor to test the furniture and see the quality first hand. They custom build all the furniture to specs and they said they could get me everything on 4 weeks. I not in a hurry but I want quality stuff for my money.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:06 PM   #4
Anacortesians

I hate the Flexsteel front seats in our GT325. They don't have any height or tilt adjustment, the cushions are about 4" too long from the front edge to the seat-back and the pseudo-leather fabric is slippery and gets too warm.

I drove a Gillig transit coach for a couple of years which had a Recaro driver's seat. Cloth upholstery, fairly short cushion, adjustments for height, seat angle and recline and mounted on a vertical shock absorber. I could easily manage an 8-hour shift. It's hard to manage two hours in the GT without a walk-around to get the kinks out. For DW, the seats are so uncomfortable, she often rides in the barrel chair. Her feet don't reach the floor in the front, so she can't drive the rig.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #5

Thank's Wildhog56 and F and E Damp, Since this is our first MH we want to have something nice, but not something too nice as we will most likely find ourselves buying a new one in the next 4 to 5 years after we figure out what we really like.

Meanwhile I found another set at the same place that I will go and check out tomorrow. So far I feel that this is the best set for what appears to be a great price. Since it's custom I will make sure to try out each item in their factory that way I could have them make the appropriate adjustments on our order.

Ambassador RV Furniture Package - RV Sofa Beds - Sofas - RV FURNITURE
E-man is offline   Reply With Quote