Old 08-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
Actuailly I got a thanks. It took the laptop with mouse, the i-pad, the i-phone, and all the chargers an acessories away from the dining table which is smallish when folded. Makes a good comm station "in port", all stowed under way. Now we have a table without haiving to shift corded stuff. Mod's been around, may have origin in the Blue forum. Co-pilot seat good height for typing.

Is it really that solid of a mount?
It the dash main body plywood or ?
Does it lock in place when open and when stowed?
I will have to look when I get my MH back from the dealer.

Thanks

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy

Is it really that solid of a mount?
It the dash main body plywood or ?
Does it lock in place when open and when stowed?
I will have to look when I get my MH back from the dealer.

Thanks
The wood is OSD captioned below. Its used all over the coach. The piece I cutout of the floor was incredibly light but quite strong. In the dash its about 1/2" thick so I used medium weight wood screws I think #8 or 10 with sheet metal look pitch. Small pilot holes they grip very well. With board out in oper position most of the load is down to dashboard. Been in use daily for 40 camping days so far holding well. Keyboard used every day camping. No lock open, not needed w/oh. Closed has two rubber friction blocks, takes effort to open. Never has opened under way.

"There are two basic types of plywood: OSD and CDX. OSD board (oriented standard board) is made up of woodchips that have been bound together with resin and glue. CDX boards are made up of layers of veneer that are glued together. Plywood can be attached to nearly every surface, including other wood or concrete. What material you're attaching it to determines how it's attached."