Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2016, 08:13 AM   #1

questions about the 378 xl

Hello all, I have a question on my main slide [drivers side] when the slide is retracted the front and rear portion are close to the body, in the center there is about a 1 inch gap is this normal? The other 2 slides are not like that , thanks in advance..................
boondocking fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:25 AM   #2

The front and rear is where the hydraulic actuators are attached (more torque there). They are adjustable but if the seal is tight against the MH all the way around (even with the middle not as tight) I wouldn't adjust.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:40 AM   #3

Thank you for the reply, the gap is big enough that the seal does not touch , if it were to be driven in wet roads I think water would get in above the storage compartments , is there any other units like this
Old 09-19-2016, 08:52 AM   #4

Here is the manual that will address adjusting the slides. Page 9 will have the requirements (the nut adjustments). If your slide is warped the adjustment will not help. Can you see a bow in the outer wall when not retracted?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Lippert Hydraulic Slideout-Info.pdf (846.4 KB, 134 views)
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:54 AM   #5

My 377 has a similar gap, about an inch out in the center, flush on the ends.
It has not been a problem. the seals are still keeping water and air out, probably not worth worrying about unless you identify a leak. Maybe if your rv is ever in a good shop for some reason they can look at it, otherwise I would not be too concerned. As mentioned earlier, the main retract cables are at the ends of the slide so that area gets more pressure when retracting.
Jim G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:06 AM   #6

whew, thanks guys I was worried it was something major , great forum here really appreciate all the great info.................