Old 10-12-2018, 05:27 AM   #1

Questions for GT3 30X3 Owners

I know there aren't a bunch on the forum but for those that are here . . please take a look.

Our new 30X3 arrived at the dealer. It was supposed to have been the last run (or so) of the 2018 style coaches. It turns out it came as one of the first runs of true 2019 with some surprise changes. My wife isn't real good with surprises. Neither am I but I wanted to reach out for some opinions from owners.

1. Previously, if you didn't get an outside kitchen, you got 4 drawers under the wardrobe, and a small storage access to the giant rear storage compartment on the passenger side. For 2019, FR created a big door on the passenger side for better access, but when the door is opened, it still has the outside kitchen shell (minus the kitchen). This means no more drawers under the wardrobe. They also put a bigger TV in the bedroom (not a plus for us at all) which made a longer vanity, shorter wardrobe, but they added bigger drawers and a vertical cabinet under the vanity. Here are some pics.

I've attached pictures showing both the old and the new though the forum doesn't really let me organize them. We are told that the storage space under the vanity is the same as what it was with the four drawers under the wardrobe. Maybe. Maybe not. The vertical cabinet is a bit useless. It has no shelves in it. Of course, I can remedy this but . .

2. In the kitchen they changed from a 6' refrigerator to a 4 door 12' refrigerator. Nicish . . but we've camped for 12 years with a 6' fridge and never been short on food. Obviously there were sacrifices to make this fit. The counter was cut by 12". Still very large but this also removed one drawer and one cabinet. So more cold food, less other storage. Again, attaching pics of old and new.

3. They change the dinette seating. We both think this looks better. Picture included.

So for current owners . . thoughts? Do you think these changes are good? Bad? Meh?

We aren't so sure . . and are riding out today to take a look at it but would appreciate insight from experienced users.

Pictures in order:
1 - Old bedroom (what we expected)
2 - New bedroom
3 - New opening to the rear storage area on passenger side
4 - Old rear storage from the driver's side
5 - New rear storage from the dirver's side
6 - New kitchen with big fridge
7-8 Showing the old kitchen and old dinette
9 - New dinette
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-BEDROOM.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	272.6 KB
ID:	188951   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3418.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	329.7 KB
ID:	188952   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3425.jpg
Size:	392.5 KB
ID:	188953   Click image for larger version

Name:	unit_photo_20180718063935559780897.jpg
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	188954   Click image for larger version

Name:	56096891723__839DBEBC-094A-4484-A5F3-D8CA9B4F9BD5.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	277.5 KB
ID:	188955  

Name:	IMG_3409.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	292.1 KB
ID:	188956   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3911.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	302.1 KB
ID:	188957   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3915.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	337.0 KB
ID:	188958   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3407.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	317.1 KB
ID:	188960  

Waiting for - Georgetown GT5 31R5
Mr. October is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:19 PM   #2

I guess you’re the only....first actually....with a 2019 model. So your layout is different than 2018’s and you have to accept the changes.

In comparison....our Georgetown gives us 6 drawers under the wardrobe for her side.....4 drawers under the wardrobe for my side (the difference is to accommodate the distribution panel)
You newer 2019 reduces the number of drawers and wardrobes from 4 to 3.

The 2 door fridge versus the 4 door fridge is only slightly taller....it’s not 12 feet. Looks like the furnace is still underneath.

Shorter counter and less storage in the kitchen....yup that always sucks. We looked at larger floor plans but they didn’t have the storage my wife wanted as being more important.

New dinette layout looks like a plus.

Just sayin’

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 04:54 AM   #3

My first pics didn't show the fridge very well. It is definitely double the sized of the old. Here are some better ones. We went and looked at it yesterday. My wife really hates that they got rid of her big drawers under the wardrobe. The new vanity drawers are considerably smaller.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3437.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	232.1 KB
ID:	189050   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3439.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	265.2 KB
ID:	189051  
Old 10-15-2018, 11:49 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. October View Post
My first pics didn't show the fridge very well. It is definitely double the sized of the old. Here are some better ones. We went and looked at it yesterday. My wife really hates that they got rid of her big drawers under the wardrobe. The new vanity drawers are considerably smaller.
I have a 30x3. Loosing the inside storage because the kept the outside kitchen would be a non-starter. I dont have that storage, but at least I have the kitchen. The other changes are pretty good. They have made some great updates to the 2019 FR3, I prefer those.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbareford View Post
I have a 30x3. Loosing the inside storage because the kept the outside kitchen would be a non-starter. I dont have that storage, but at least I have the kitchen. The other changes are pretty good. They have made some great updates to the 2019 FR3, I prefer those.
Unfortunately I have to agree. There is actually less interior storage (not counting the wardrobe) than our 23' Itasca Navion.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:24 AM   #6

Seeing how as they left the shell of the previous outside kitchen in the 2019 model, but robbed you of storage inside, Iíd see if thereís a way to store stuff in the outside compartment in Tupperware type containers of clothing that you would have had inside, but donít need access to it everyday.

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:52 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Seeing how as they left the shell of the previous outside kitchen in the 2019 model, but robbed you of storage inside, Iíd see if thereís a way to store stuff in the outside compartment in Tupperware type containers of clothing that you would have had inside, but donít need access to it everyday.
We considered this but decided it is ridiculous to have to pare down moving to an 8' bigger coach and pulled the plug on the whole deal. We are continuing to shop. I was looking at the changes to the FR3 and they reduced drawer space in the kitchen there too. I guess carrying neon crabs and crap to decorate the campsite with is more important than having a place to put eating utensils.