Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 26
Radio operation in 350XL

Hello G-town Friends,
We have a 2012 350XL and are still trying to figure some things out. With regards to the radio, when I transfer sound from the dash radio forward speakers to the rear it seems as though there is no sound. Is it that there are no speakers for listening or that I may have a problem with a connection? As you can imagine, the passengers would like to listen while we drive down the road! Thanks in advance for your thoughts on a basic matter such as this!

Regards!
__________________

__________________
AbsolutMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutMac View Post
Hello G-town Friends,
We have a 2012 350XL and are still trying to figure some things out. With regards to the radio, when I transfer sound from the dash radio forward speakers to the rear it seems as though there is no sound. Is it that there are no speakers for listening or that I may have a problem with a connection? As you can imagine, the passengers would like to listen while we drive down the road! Thanks in advance for your thoughts on a basic matter such as this!

Regards!

If you are talking about the dash built in radio that happens in mine also. Just has the 2 speakers above the drive and passengers seats. No rear that i know.
__________________

__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 26
Thank you IGGY. Since you also have the 350 XL, how about this...do you have lights in the storage compartments (basement)? I never thought to check for these when we purchased and I am really regretting the miss! I'm sure we can add aftermarket, but seems like these should be standard!
__________________
AbsolutMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutMac View Post
Thank you IGGY. Since you also have the 350 XL, how about this...do you have lights in the storage compartments (basement)? I never thought to check for these when we purchased and I am really regretting the miss! I'm sure we can add aftermarket, but seems like these should be standard!
Yes I have lights in every compartment. I think that comes with the XL model but I could be wrong. So you don't have them?
__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 26
Not a single one...I guess I simply forgot to look for them (subliminally thought they were there?). It seems like the only thing that it doesn't have
__________________
AbsolutMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 411
Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
I have an early 2012 378 and do not have the lights in the compartments. The later 2012 do have them. I think when they did the change to the new front cap and the extra hight they added some new things as standard. I have bought some of the little battery led lights in a few compartments.
__________________
2012 Georgetown 378TS Fire Mist
2008 Honda Fit
ReadyBrake™ Surge Brake System integrated with ReadyBrute™ Elite RV Tow Bar
Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
bend302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bronston, KY
Posts: 686
I am surprised. My 2005 XL has rear (bedroom) speakers that run off of the dash radio/CD player. I also have lights in all of the storage compartments.

Bill
__________________

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #8
ME
 
sparks1032's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 112
I only have the two speakers above the driver and passenger and no lights in basement but have them by the batteries both under the stairs and in engine compartment
__________________
2008 Georgetown 350TS
sparks1032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:14 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks1032 View Post
I only have the two speakers above the driver and passenger and no lights in basement but have them by the batteries both under the stairs and in engine compartment
Weird, I guess it was all up to if they wanted to install the additonal lights or not.
I have all the lights as discribed. My Georgetown wasn't built on a Friday.
__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 411
Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
In the spring of 2012 I had a factory tour and saw the same model being built that I have and they were putting lights in the compartments. There were also several other upgrades on those that were not on our early 2012 378 that was built in 2011.
__________________

__________________
2012 Georgetown 378TS Fire Mist
2008 Honda Fit
ReadyBrake™ Surge Brake System integrated with ReadyBrute™ Elite RV Tow Bar
Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 PM.