Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #1

Radio operation in 350XL

Hello G-town Friends,
We have a 2012 350XL and are still trying to figure some things out. With regards to the radio, when I transfer sound from the dash radio forward speakers to the rear it seems as though there is no sound. Is it that there are no speakers for listening or that I may have a problem with a connection? As you can imagine, the passengers would like to listen while we drive down the road! Thanks in advance for your thoughts on a basic matter such as this!

Regards!
AbsolutMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:03 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutMac View Post
Hello G-town Friends,
We have a 2012 350XL and are still trying to figure some things out. With regards to the radio, when I transfer sound from the dash radio forward speakers to the rear it seems as though there is no sound. Is it that there are no speakers for listening or that I may have a problem with a connection? As you can imagine, the passengers would like to listen while we drive down the road! Thanks in advance for your thoughts on a basic matter such as this!

Regards!

If you are talking about the dash built in radio that happens in mine also. Just has the 2 speakers above the drive and passengers seats. No rear that i know.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:11 PM   #3

Thank you IGGY. Since you also have the 350 XL, how about this...do you have lights in the storage compartments (basement)? I never thought to check for these when we purchased and I am really regretting the miss! I'm sure we can add aftermarket, but seems like these should be standard!
Old 04-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutMac View Post
Thank you IGGY. Since you also have the 350 XL, how about this...do you have lights in the storage compartments (basement)? I never thought to check for these when we purchased and I am really regretting the miss! I'm sure we can add aftermarket, but seems like these should be standard!
Yes I have lights in every compartment. I think that comes with the XL model but I could be wrong. So you don't have them?
Old 04-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #5

Not a single one...I guess I simply forgot to look for them (subliminally thought they were there?). It seems like the only thing that it doesn't have
Old 04-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
I have an early 2012 378 and do not have the lights in the compartments. The later 2012 do have them. I think when they did the change to the new front cap and the extra hight they added some new things as standard. I have bought some of the little battery led lights in a few compartments.
Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:29 PM   #7

I am surprised. My 2005 XL has rear (bedroom) speakers that run off of the dash radio/CD player. I also have lights in all of the storage compartments.

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:20 PM   #8
ME

I only have the two speakers above the driver and passenger and no lights in basement but have them by the batteries both under the stairs and in engine compartment
Old 04-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks1032 View Post
I only have the two speakers above the driver and passenger and no lights in basement but have them by the batteries both under the stairs and in engine compartment
Weird, I guess it was all up to if they wanted to install the additonal lights or not.
I have all the lights as discribed. My Georgetown wasn't built on a Friday.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #10

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
In the spring of 2012 I had a factory tour and saw the same model being built that I have and they were putting lights in the compartments. There were also several other upgrades on those that were not on our early 2012 378 that was built in 2011.
Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:19 AM   #11

I have a 2013 350XL and it has lights in every compartment. It also has 4 speakers (2 over driver's area and 2 over galley/dinnette area), nothing in the bedroom.
MGOBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGOBlue View Post
I have a 2013 350XL and it has lights in every compartment. It also has 4 speakers (2 over driver's area and 2 over galley/dinnette area), nothing in the bedroom.
So do we but we originally were talking about the indash radio and which speakers are used for it.
The answe ris the two up front speakers over the driver and passenger.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
So do we but we originally were talking about the indash radio and which speakers are used for it.
The answe ris the two up front speakers over the driver and passenger.
My in dash radio works on all 4 speakers.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:46 PM   #14

Quote:
My in dash radio works on all 4 speakers.

Don't you have the all inone radio and camers?
2013 they made the switch to all-in-one.
We have a radio and sperate camera screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	April_17_2012 090.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	28920  
Old 04-26-2013, 07:33 AM   #15

Mine does not look like that. I have the clarion system that has everything in one screen.
I have the all in one that includes the GPS and Satellite radio options. So perhaps with the options, the galley speakers are hooked up.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #16

My 2011 337F has 2 speakers above the driver/pass for the in dash. I also have 2 above the kitchen and 2 in the bedroom powered from the DVD/cd player which is 115v. Not sure if this is standard or an add-on.

Also there are no basement lights installed. Just bought some Dollar Tree pucks to stick down there
Hampton Roads VA
2016 174 Days camping, 2017 66 days 2018 24 days 2019 48 days 2020 25 days 2021 6
mogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:34 AM   #17

Radio?

Quote:
Mine does not look like that. I have the clarion system that has everything in one screen.
I have the all in one that includes the GPS and Satellite radio options. So perhaps with the options, the galley speakers are hooked up.
We are shopping for a class A gas motorhome and when looking at photos and reviews I really liked the integrated everything on the Georgetown XLs. So it is a Clarion. Do you know what model? I would like to research that head unit. How do you like it so far?

Thanks,

Rod
rreichar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:36 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreichar View Post
We are shopping for a class A gas motorhome and when looking at photos and reviews I really liked the integrated everything on the Georgetown XLs. So it is a Clarion. Do you know what model? I would like to research that head unit. How do you like it so far?

Thanks,

Rod
Rod,
It the Clarion VX401 with the NP401 Navi add-on. I would not recommend the GPS option for a couple of reasons. First it needs to be replaced since it locks up the screen frequently and screws up other features not related to the GPS. Clarion has a long way to go to get it right. Also, even if the GPS unit were working properly, I would not get it again. I like to keep the rear view camera always on while I'm driving so I can keep an eye on my toad. You can't keep the GPS on and the camera at the same time. So I use my old Garmin GPS anyway.

The multi-media unit itself is great. I really like it. The bluetooth feature works great and very helpful for answering phone calls during a trip.

Good luck with your search. GT is a really nice rig.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:36 PM   #19

Quote:
Rod,
It the Clarion VX401 with the NP401 Navi add-on. I would not recommend the GPS option for a couple of reasons. First it needs to be replaced since it locks up the screen frequently and screws up other features not related to the GPS. Clarion has a long way to go to get it right. Also, even if the GPS unit were working properly, I would not get it again. I like to keep the rear view camera always on while I'm driving so I can keep an eye on my toad. You can't keep the GPS on and the camera at the same time. So I use my old Garmin GPS anyway.

The multi-media unit itself is great. I really like it. The bluetooth feature works great and very helpful for answering phone calls during a trip.

Good luck with your search. GT is a really nice rig.
Thanks for the detailed reply. That's exactly what I was looking for. My questions made a little more sense before my iPad changed a couple of words for me.
rreichar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:34 PM   #20

2011 360 and no lights in compartments, missed this myself, wish I had them, at times.