Old 01-03-2015, 01:44 PM   #11
Originally Posted by rwehba View Post
Need ideas. Should get to 28 tonite it's (378xl) I have artic pacs on and a lamp on outside of fridge should I put a lamp in the compartment where the hose connections are ,it is in a very sealed metal building

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
I don't understand...
You're living in your unit ? or it is in storage in a sealed metal building ?
If in storage, why not just winterize and blow the lines way cheaper and worry free.

2014 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 tuxedo black
2015 Rockwood Signature 8310SS Diamond Edition
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 01:58 PM   #12
Shut off your water pump and open all your faucets. That way, freezing pipes will not burst as easily. Additionally, 28 degrees isn't so cold as to freeze the tanks unless it is sustained for a long time.

I had a pickup slid-in camper with PEX plumbing freeze in sub-zero weather and nothing broke. As bigben says, that type of tubing is more forgiving.

If your really concerned and can't supply some other heat, consider winterizing your rig.

2015 Wildcat 282 RKX
2011 F350 Lariat, 6.7 L. Diesel, 8 ft., SRW, Reese R20
TGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 09:14 PM   #13
Turn your article pac on for sure which should heat your underbelly water connections just fine.....I just went through 22 degree weather with electric water heater on and make sure you unplug from the city water supply and let the hose drain as that will freeze and expand as well.

WDK is offline   Reply With Quote