Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2014, 06:11 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
cjd10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmmer View Post
I can't stand rattles either. I have to admit that our GT is very quiet down the road all things considered. I've battling the tick tick from the front hub caps. I thought it was just the driver's side, but the passenger one does it too.
Al,
My 98 GT320 had the exact same hubcaps that made a noise. I had to put washers under the two lug nuts that actually hold the hubcap on as they were bottoming out on the studs and not holding it tight enough. That worked on my old MH.
Haven't had a chance to try the pads on my screen door as you suggested yet.
__________________

__________________
2014 Georgetown 351DS

Charleston SC
3 Boston Terriers, 1 Frenchie
Gonna miss you Toby. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:41 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Gahanna, OH
Posts: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd10 View Post
Al,
My 98 GT320 had the exact same hubcaps that made a noise. I had to put washers under the two lug nuts that actually hold the hubcap on as they were bottoming out on the studs and not holding it tight enough. That worked on my old MH.
Haven't had a chance to try the pads on my screen door as you suggested yet.
I'll have to try that, thanks.
__________________

__________________
2014 Georgetown 351DS
-TruCenter -Front/Rear CHF -Hellwig Links -Tiger Trak -Ran McNally GPS -ScanGauge -Truck Systems TPMS -5 Star Tune
alparmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:24 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
intercept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bridgewater, NJ
Posts: 150
On the 378 fireplace I had to run a bead of silicone rubber to stop the left and right verticle sides of the glass to stop the rattle. Put painters tape on the metal and another strip on the glass. Push the glass in some caulk, release the pressure, wipe off the excess and then remove the tape. Let it sit overnight before moving the coach. You may find like us, that a background noise disappeared.
__________________


2012 Georgetown 378XL
Toad 07 Lexus RX350
intercept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:07 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
cjd10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by intercept View Post
On the 378 fireplace I had to run a bead of silicone rubber to stop the left and right verticle sides of the glass to stop the rattle. Put painters tape on the metal and another strip on the glass. Push the glass in some caulk, release the pressure, wipe off the excess and then remove the tape. Let it sit overnight before moving the coach. You may find like us, that a background noise disappeared.
That might just work on the screen door panel as well. I think I even have some black silicone that will match. Thanks. I'll let you know how it works.
__________________
2014 Georgetown 351DS

Charleston SC
3 Boston Terriers, 1 Frenchie
Gonna miss you Toby. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:06 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Krazymace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sunriver, Oregon
Posts: 502
The noise that most annoys me is the vibration of the screens against the passenger and driver side widows while underway. Haven't figured our a solution other than to remove the screens.
__________________
Krazymace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:30 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Gahanna, OH
Posts: 1,414
We just got back from FL and during one of the stops I was bored checking things out. I found out that three out of the four screws that fasten the inside door latch plate were about to fall out. The third one was about one turn loose. Funny thing was that when I tightened them all down the door kept coming open while on the road...not fully opened, but enough to cause the steps to extract. Come to find out if I fully tighten the two screws closest to the edge of the door, the locking slide only comes out about half way. When I loosened them a bit, then it will fully lock. I could not figure out why. I ended up putting some Loctite to make sure they don't come loose again.
__________________
2014 Georgetown 351DS
-TruCenter -Front/Rear CHF -Hellwig Links -Tiger Trak -Ran McNally GPS -ScanGauge -Truck Systems TPMS -5 Star Tune
alparmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:54 AM   #17
Member
 
GABoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 247
Krazymace
I had that same rattle from the screens. Removed screens and stuck on some Velcro over the edges in few spots. Replaced screens and no more rattles!👍
__________________
2014 Georgetown 351DS
Chevy Colorado Crew
GABoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:13 AM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABoy View Post
Krazymace
I had that same rattle from the screens. Removed screens and stuck on some Velcro over the edges in few spots. Replaced screens and no more rattles!👍

Genius! Looks like a trip for Velcro is in order!!
__________________

__________________
Campingmomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
door

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 AM.