Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2013, 01:25 PM   #1

Rear axle noise Georgetown 360

My 2012 Model 360 has about 6000 miles on it now. Since day one there has been a moderately loud howl above 2000rpm/60 mph. Took it to our Ford Truck dealer and let their chassis tech test drive it. I walked to the rear above the axle and it was obvious the sound came from that area. Dealer is ordering new gears for the rear end. The V10 itself runs smooth and quiet, only problem was an ac compressor that failed in route home last Oct. Other minor issues with the coach included a pinced LP line to the fridge (fixed that the first day on the road after getting advice over cell phone from a LZ Days tech. Also a very slight leak from a water line to shower faucet behind shower wall that went undectected until a puddle collected at front of shower on floor. Now waiting for dust seals on leveling jacks that have come loose and slide up and down on the shafts. New seals have been reordered twice because wrong ones keep coming from Georgetown. Also lost a couple of those chrome lug covers. Took forever for LZ Days to get the right ones from Georgetown. So after our first travel season, despite a few glitches we are very satisfied with our 360. All kind of room and storage for the two of us. A very liveable arangement and the wife loves her double sink vanity and drawer space. I am banished to the half bath except for showering! We spent 10 years traveling all over the US in a 37' Montana 5ver, but gotta admit I'm really liking the class A.
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:54 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I lost the rear in my 2007 Georgetown. I heard a strange sound while towing my car home from a camping trip. It sounded like someone with change in their pocket and the transmission had a whining sound. After taking it to the local Ford Truck Repair Center, they called and said they could not find anything wrong. I know they had it out on the road because I passed them the day before on my way home from work. So I picked it up, hooked up the car to go home. I got less than 10 miles from their shop when all hell broke loose. The rear was shearing off teeth and fortunately I was ale to get into a turn lane. Called Ford and they dispatched a wrecker to pick it up. They replaced the whole rear gear assembly. Surprising I got it back within a week. Spoke with a Ford rep at the Hershey RV Show and he said they had a problem with the Dana Group and some torque specs not done properly. Since then it's quieter than it was from day one and thankfully I haven't had any other chassis issues.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle