Old 04-06-2015, 10:47 AM   #11
Thanks, I hope our monitor has that extra input also. What I’d like to do, if they even make one, is mount the camera on the rear window with suction cups and use a wireless connection to the monitor.

In the meanwhile I will point the current camera as far up as I can.

Sandy and Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 02:22 PM   #12
Sandy and Shirley

Don't aim your camera to view the horizon and leave a BIG blind area immediately behind you. I drive a school bus and we don't have cameras at all. When and if we need to back up, remember the catch phrase "GOAL" for "get out and look".

Have you even looked at the mounting bracket for your current camera? I relocated our camera so that I can JUST see the bumper at the very bottom of the monitor. I don't need to see anymore that that. It allows that I can line my trailer hitch up solo. It also allows me to see as much of my TOAD as I need. Any further our directly behind me.........we can see what we need to see with the two side mirrors.

Like the sticker on the back of semi trucks with trailers.......

"If you can't see my mirrors, I can't see you."

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote