Old 02-26-2016, 12:55 PM   #11
I have direct TV and I use the king tailgater. I was using the winguard carry out anser but they were pretty much junk.

redcloud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 01:42 PM   #12
For the Dish pay as you go....isn't it a monthly fee?

Lvnlife1973 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 02:23 PM   #13
Direct tv

Bought a Winguard 2 for my rv had direct tv people come out to my rv and he said it would not work with my Winguard so I had to send it back even when the sales person at Winguard said it would work.
Rkluge777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 03:40 PM   #14
Originally Posted by Edmund View Post
Check out I have used it for three years and love it.
Linky no worky
DadOfTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 04:14 PM   #15
Delsand stand

Delsand PDQ Signal Stand Review
LI Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 04:32 PM   #16
We have DirecTV at home and used a DVR from the house for a couple of years until we finally set up a separate account for the RV so we can get DNS (Distant Network Service) and have the national networks anywhere in the country.

The simplest solution for an antenna is to go through the settings on your box and see which type of antenna you have. Buy the same antenna for the RV, with a 3' mast and tripod and you'll be set to go. The only accessories you'll need to set up the antenna are a wrench, three 10" steel tent stakes and a hammer to drive them in, a decent compass ($5-7), and a level.

Your satellite box has a routine where you tell it your location via zip code or gps and it will tell you how to point the antenna. Follow the instructions then use the box's signal meter to fine tune the antenna position. That's easiest to do with a partner to watch the signal meter while you adjust the antenna. We use 2-way radios to communicate when doing this and is only takes a few minutes to align the antenna. You can also download a free Android phone app, Satellite Director, which will do the same thing as the information from the box and the compass. The satellite box's instructions are easier to use than the android app though.

pmsherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 05:53 PM   #17
Retired Techie
Also X2 by the month Dish. good seal
2005 Wolf Pack WP22-2016 Grey Wolf 26RR-Gone
2004 Siverado 2500HD Duramax
2013 Keystone Springdale 5r
1998 Honda Valkerie
2016 Camping 148 days so far
moligney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 07:11 PM   #18
Winegard Carryout G2, feeding two 211Z receivers, Dish pay-as-you go.
Ran 3GHZ Quad shield COAX cable direct from each receiver location to two coax connections in basement. Works very well, but did not work with original coax set-up.

Satellite signal does not like standard (non-3GHZ) cable, and will not pass through older, cheaper, and manufacturer installed splitters. RV was originally fitted with a single 3GHZ cable from basement to living room outlet. I added the second line from basement to bedroom for second receiver.

I think (have not tried it, yet) that you could use a 5GHZ two-way power pass splitter in the satellite signal coax. I believe you only need two-way power pass splitter in the cable that connects the master receiver to the antenna. Would be interested in knowing if anyone has tried this.
2015 XLR415AMP
2011 3500HD Duramax/Allison/90 Gal Aux
2015 HD Limited Low
DSQR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 07:55 PM   #19
I have a DISH 3 LNB dish. Mounted on a tripod I got on Amazon. Bought a cheap camera tripod and used legs on dish tripod. Now I can use camera legs to level and raise dish as needed. Cut set up time in half.
ccsvolsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:40 PM   #20
Just talked to Directv yesterday. I explained I wanted directv in my camper. The sales guy told me everything I needed, and even shipped me the receiver I would need for free. I went with the SD, because its cheaper for the satellite (King Quest). The extra receiver will cost me an additional $7/month, but I can deactivate the service as needed. So no paying during the winter.

2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7L CrewMax

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L
KDHfan is offline   Reply With Quote