Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #21
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/search/resu...archresultsdiv
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:57 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post

Link not working
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:45 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy
Keep in mind " 140 cu M/H=82 cu ft/hr". To reach this flow existing units are 4,200 RPM! Speed ~ noise! to reduce speed, diameter must increase dramatically- no space. Increase pitch, more noise. Increase efficiency more costs...
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:59 PM   #24

Vince I believe your are correct.Before I connected those other two non OE replacements,I put them straight to a 12volt battery,put the wife's hair dryer on the sensor pigtail,and noted their increase in rpm as the temperature rose.However they never approached anywhere near the rpm thus cfm that the original Sunon's did.And at least in the fifth wheel (Crusader) setup their is limited space for these fans.I purchased 2 for $30.00 online from Digikey.

Steve & Sue
2011 Crusader 320RLT
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 (CTD) DRW 4x4
RattVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #25

Hi, I found out that Dometic knows about the issue and VERY quietly has an upgrade fan package that they can supply to the dealer for the Fridge. I just had mine done under warrranty. Push your dealer on this. N/C for the warranty work.
intercept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:32 PM   #26

Here is a standard typical answer.

UPDATE
Email reply from Dometic
John,
The fans will have some sound to them, if they are bothersome you can have the unit in to be service dealer for inspection.
To find a service dealer in your area please give us a call 800 544 4881 or visit rv.com

Thanks
Bridget

We appreciate this opportunity to address your situation, and hope all your future travels are trouble free. Please do not hesitate to contact us any time, to order parts or if we can be of assistance.

Customer Support Center
800 544 4881
RV.Com / DometicUSA.com
Dometic LLC

MY Original EMAIL TO DOMETIC
To Whom it may concern,
I just purchased a new 2012 Forest River Georgetown motorhome and I have had it out on a few trips and the refrigerator goes into some type of cooling cycle 2 fans start turning.
These fans are in the back compartment and is very noisy. They are so noisy they actually can wake you up at night.
What can be done to quiet these fans?

I have register my refrigerator online and the unit is still under warranty.
Dometic 4 door , Model RM1350 WIMSSX SN XXXXXXX
RV Purchased new April 2012
Please let me know what can be done.
Thank you very much and looking forward in hearing from you

John
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:02 PM   #27

Dometic 1350 Update

Today I picked up my Georgetown 378 and started the reefer at 9AM. After only 5 hours the freezer was down to teens, refrig portion was down to 37 F. The condenser fans never ran the entire time. I had my first batch of ice cubes an hour later. Just goes to prove when the ambients are in the mid 70 degree range the box performs quite well. Just a few weeks ago it was in the 90's and the unit wheezed until sundown, temps in the upper 40's at times.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:13 PM   #28
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
Today I picked up my Georgetown 378 and started the reefer at 9AM. After only 5 hours the freezer was down to teens, refrig portion was down to 37 F. The condenser fans never ran the entire time. I had my first batch of ice cubes an hour later. Just goes to prove when the ambients are in the mid 70 degree range the box performs quite well. Just a few weeks ago it was in the 90's and the unit wheezed until sundown, temps in the upper 40's at times.
Same thing holds true with the RV air conditioner not cooling enought problems we see here in the summer. You can reasonably expect to see about a 20 degree difference between the inside and outside tenperature when your a/c is performing at its optium.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:01 AM   #29

I and several others have changed fans and eliminated the problem. Look for the cooling fan under the coil behind the top vent opening. If it's a whining Sunon cheapo fan, you have found the problem!

Old Sunon fan in top pic was replaced by 2 new Gelid thermo controlled fans in the bottom pic. Silence is golden! This was done back in the spring and has worked great! The 2 new fans move more air and draw less current than the noisy original.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	old Sunon fan.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	19625   Click image for larger version

Name:	twin fans small.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	19626  

2012 Crusader 290RLT TE, TrailAir flex pin: 2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7 SR5 Dbl cab 4X2 Tow, 4.30 gears, RideRite air, TRD cold-air induction & dual exhaust: Reese 16K Slider: TST tpms
Miles towed to date: 26,890; Nights camped; lost count!
J_KHawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:06 AM   #30
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120918_060618.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	19627

Mine
Old 09-18-2012, 08:50 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_KHawthorne
I and several others have changed fans and eliminated the problem. Look for the cooling fan under the coil behind the top vent opening. If it's a whining Sunon cheapo fan, you have found the problem!

Old Sunon fan in top pic was replaced by 2 new Gelid thermo controlled fans in the bottom pic. Silence is golden! This was done back in the spring and has worked great! The 2 new fans move more air and draw less current than the noisy original.
Amazing any of these fans work at all, they must recirc the same air over and over without any baffles or duct.
Whats the access to the fans, upper door? Mine and others it's pull the 200# box. (4 door 1350)
Old 09-18-2012, 08:54 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo

Mine
Turbo noted when you did the mod, working well? I think a touch better than removing frig and allows future main!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #33
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU

Turbo noted when you did the mod, working well? I think a touch better than removing frig and allows future main!
Working very well .
I maintained 32 degrees labor day weekend temp was humid and in the 90's
Old 09-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #34

Quote:
Amazing any of these fans work at all, they must recirc the same air over and over without any baffles or duct.
Whats the access to the fans, upper door? Mine and others it's pull the 200# box. (4 door 1350)
I'm not sure I follow you!
With the 8 cu.ft. Dometic, the fans are actually in a duct, formed by the space between the back of the fridge and the trailer outer wall! The fans do not simply recirculate the same air over and over! There are 2 large vent openings (each one over 1 sq. ft) in the side of the trailer; one at the top and a lower one near the bottom... The air flow is "in" the bottom and "out" the top! There is no need to pull out the fridge, as there is lots of access with the vent cover removed!

2012 Crusader 290RLT TE, TrailAir flex pin: 2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7 SR5 Dbl cab 4X2 Tow, 4.30 gears, RideRite air, TRD cold-air induction & dual exhaust: Reese 16K Slider: TST tpms
Old 09-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #35
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

And we all know heat rises anyway !

Mine has a vent in the bottom then a duct work that goes to the roof.
My fans are mounted within the duct work so as previous poster said it draws in cool air in the bottom and blows hot air out the roof vent.

Turbs
Old 09-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
And we all know heat rises anyway !

Mine has a vent in the bottom then a duct work that goes to the roof.
My fans are mounted within the duct work so as previous poster said it draws in cool air in the bottom and blows hot air out the roof vent.

Turbs
You, sir, are indeed a diplomat! Tip 'o the hat to you!

Old 09-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_KHawthorne

You, sir, are indeed a diplomat! Tip 'o the hat to you!

You sir are not. When you corrected me as to open the top access and change the fans, it prompted me to check your source. Not sure if this is your first RV but I've had motorhomes for 15 years. I've never had two side vents on any of them. Two vents normally fitted in slideouts as in the 29' Crusader. I'd venture to guess maybe 10% or less of RV's have two access covers for fridge. Thats why I asked you, it sounded too easy.

With the 12.5 cu. ft. boxes the fans are mounted on the back, below the finned tubed "condenser". Remove the roof cover one cannot reach down past the sharp finned tubes, you must pull the fridge to access them.

Research this Forum for fans in refridges and you'll see lots of examples of installations of free flowing fans at top of fridges and blowing from the bottom, all without ductwork.

Lastly the fans in this design are in a "Plenum" between the box and outside wall, not a "duct". They do recirculate because they aren't in a duct and the condenser offers resistance to flow and creates backpressure. Of course hot air rises, thats why Dometic and Norcold added fans, they were around for 50 years without fans.

Before you drop the hammer, do some homework. Thanks for your input.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:31 AM   #38

Quote:
Before you drop the hammer, do some homework. Thanks for your input.
Sorry if I offended you, Vince. I meant no offense.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #39

I had my fans replace in my Dometic rm 1350 refrigator under warranty.The new ones are very quite.I call Dometic and they told me to take to dealer,who agree the fans was very noisy.
manvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 12:42 PM   #40

Anyone know the easiest way to remove the out side refrigerator door , without breaking the 2 black clips which hold the door in it's frame??
2012 Signature series Ultra Lite 8281WS 5ER.
Thanks in advance
Kidhoule
kidhoule is offline   Reply With Quote