Old 06-14-2016, 01:19 PM   #1

Refrigerator Water leak

I have a 2014 Georgetown 377 xl. On my third trip out the cover over the refrigerator water line that feeds the ice maker and water dispenser was punctured by a staple because the cover became loose and exposed the staple. I repaired the leak and reattached the cover with screws instead of stables. A year has passed and now last week on a trip water leaked from the same water line. I removed the cover and discovered that the water line was crimped in four places resulting from the movement of the line moving with the slide going in and out. There is only a 2 1/2 in channel for the water line and two electrical wires. These also partially housed in pvc pipe and where they come out of the pvc it is at a right angel that can cause issues also. I have replaced the part of the water line that is badly crimped and routed all electrical and water line in a smoother angle than the harsh turn out of the pvc and made a larger channel for them to travel when the slide goes in and out.

Has any one else had this problem?

Old 06-15-2016, 12:51 PM   #2

I had the same problem and fixed it using quick connectors and a more flexible line. No problems since. Fingers crossed.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:08 PM   #3

Georgew48 my first repair lasted about a year and a half then failed again, hope this time does better. As long as the tubing crimped there was no way it wasn't going to leak again. Hope neither one of as any more problems.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:02 AM   #4
WhoDoMan

It has happened to me 3 times over 2 years. The last event this week. Monday the plastic tubing below in the compartment comes out and a stranded metal jacketed line goes in. Why FR ever thought a plastic line that must move with the slide out would work is beyond me.
Old 06-18-2016, 12:25 AM   #5

Water leak frig

It seems that as long as the channel for the water tube and electrical is 2 1/2 inches the tube will be an ongoing problem. We have created a larger box channel that accommodates the tube and electrical and routing them in a gentler curve when going in and with the slide so that they do not kink or crimp. If they haven't done it FR needs to redesign how the water is brought to the frig ice maker and water dispenser. Whotheman hope it doesn't happen a fourth time.
Old 06-18-2016, 01:27 PM   #6

I have the same issue, it has been in the shop twice. The last time it only lasted 2 times moving the slide in and out. This time the conduit pinched one of the electrical wires so hard that it cut one of the wires and I did not have power to the outlet for the lamp. I removed the cover over the channel and there is no way that this is ever going to work in that small of channel trying to slide 2 wires and the water line. I fixed the broken wires myself and left them hanging in a large loop without replacing the cover. I made sure that I have a clear path in my storage where they ride in and out until I can come up with away to make a new channel for them to ride in. Thinking of cutting a 5 inch plastic fence post and making a flange for it. I have been on 2 trips with the slides in and out many times with no problems. The down side is losing a little space in the storage. I'm still under warranty but would rather try fixing some things myself then losing more tine in the shop and not getting a quality repair.

2015 377XL

Tags
leak, water, water leak