Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2018, 10:48 AM   #1

removing front motorized shade

Does anyone know how to remove the front motorized shade on a Georgetown? It seems like the wire is wrapped around the spindle. Thanks for any help.
Juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:06 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju View Post
Does anyone know how to remove the front motorized shade on a Georgetown? It seems like the wire is wrapped around the spindle. Thanks for any help.
I learned how to replace mine by viewing a video on YouTube. Just look up motorized awning replacement. Here's a link I copied and pasted evidently I did it wrong it's not a hot link

https://youtu.be/vJaahslaAv0
outofTucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:13 AM   #3

Don't think outoftucson understands. If you look up at the forward side of the shade you will see several brackets along the shade. Remove the screws from the brackets and the shade will come completely down. It's not a light shade but not to heavy also. All the electrical is on the left end(looking out the windshield) of the shade.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Don't think outoftucson understands. If you look up at the forward side of the shade you will see several brackets along the shade. Remove the screws from the brackets and the shade will come completely down. It's not a light shade but not to heavy also. All the electrical is on the left end(looking out the windshield) of the shade.
It is toward the rear (aft) side on my shade. It is actually a bracket that goes the entire width of the shade and has 3 attachment points for screws to go into the area above it. One need to pull side molding off first to disconnect wires to motor.
270S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 07:51 PM   #5
Steelhorzz

Remove front shade

As mentioned the drivers side plastic trim needs to be removed to get to the wiring harness. There are screws along the top that when removed from the track, the shade comes down. Make sure it's supported.
Our stopped working, wire broke.
Extended warranty covered the cost of a new one and replacement, less my $100 deductible. Have you checked that out??
Shade and motor and labor was about $700, I believe.
Steelhorzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelhorzz View Post
As mentioned the drivers side plastic trim needs to be removed to get to the wiring harness. There are screws along the top that when removed from the track, the shade comes down. Make sure it's supported.
Our stopped working, wire broke.
Extended warranty covered the cost of a new one and replacement, less my $100 deductible. Have you checked that out??
Shade and motor and labor was about $700, I believe.
This is how mine came down.
I called the manufacturer and ordered the motor with new wires for $87.
Its not hard to replace once you have the shade down.

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:12 AM   #7
Branchman

Front shade

Removal instructions previously mentioned are correct.
I removed mine to replace motor and sliced in longer wires to the programming switch.
The problem
I had was that no matter what I tried I could not get
The motor wires not to wrap around the shade roller.
Finally I took it to an RV shop and they fixed And replaced it for $75. Money well spent.
I still don’t know what the secret is to prevent the wires wrapping around.
Branchman is offline   Reply With Quote