Old 05-22-2016, 04:13 PM   #1

removing the tv

We have a 2016 Georgetown LX. Does anyone know how to get the TV out so you can put HDMI cable in the back of the TV?

Old 05-22-2016, 09:42 PM   #2

The tv is in the bedroom. Anyone?

Old 05-22-2016, 10:02 PM   #3
ME

How about a picture? Help us help you.
Old 05-22-2016, 10:24 PM   #4

Atsvan...I have a different model than you but MY bedroom TV is mounted directly to the closets fixture. The only way I've found to get at it is through the side of the closet to the right of where it is mounted....it is a major pain and a 2 person job to "un mount" the 4 bolts that hold it in place while holding the TV in place to prevent it falling. Dunno if there is another way but I've looked and can't find a way. Good luck...I'll be watching to see if someone else knows the secret!
Welcome aboard and good luck with your G'town. Fill in the bottom of your signature to include where you're from and what model you have to make it easier for folks to respond to your questions! You can get to that through the USER CP tab up top!
2014 Vespa LX150 2014 StellaAuto 125
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 07:36 AM   #5

I too will be watching for a reply I'm thinking about looking into a mount that will allow the tv to hinge open like a door
Similar to what FR has done on Berkshire living area tvs Also note if the bedroom tv is a Seiki make, you may have problems with receiving cable stations by certain providers. This is due to the tuner in the Seiki tv - while all 3 Furrion tvs have not had a problem in my 360.

360 Georgetown XL 2015
Old 06-23-2016, 02:00 PM   #6

The only way to pull the TV out is to remove it. Forest River uses four (4), one on each corner, brackets to hold TV to the wall. You have to remove the screws going through the bracket and into the wall. Had the same problem when I installed my satttilite dish.
Old 06-24-2016, 01:19 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoclaws View Post
I too will be watching for a reply I'm thinking about looking into a mount that will allow the tv to hinge open like a door
Similar to what FR has done on Berkshire living area tvs Also note if the bedroom tv is a Seiki make, you may have problems with receiving cable stations by certain providers. This is due to the tuner in the Seiki tv - while all 3 Furrion tvs have not had a problem in my 360.

360 Georgetown XL 2015
We looked into a mount for the bedroom tv, but ended up building the following instead.

351DS bedroom TV mod

Garren
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 10:25 AM   #8
WhoDoMan

The tv has a access panel in the closet. If you remove the panel you can get to the HDMI port. Tough to see but if you use the selfie camera mode on a iPhone u can see it. Good luck.