Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #1

Replacement furniture

I finally found a replacement couch I liked at a good price, so I ordered it today! Went to Lazy Boy and they had a full size couch (Pinnacle Line) with dual recliners and a fold down center shelf with cup holders and a tray. It is regularly $1500.00, on sale for $1150.00. You can get any color fabric or leather you want to match your coach, we ordered the Platinum (grey) to match the black and tan interior. The dimensions of the couch will fit with 15" to spare. It will take 4-6 weeks to build, but at least it is built in the USA (Redlands, CA). Looking forward to a confortable sit. Even though you lose the bed, the recliners are comfortable enough to sleep on (I do at home sometimes anyway).

Anyone want to buy the stuff I take out? Almost new.

Happy Trails, Forrest
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #2

Are you taking out a hide a bed or a jack knife type couch? I think our hide a bed is a pain. Prior owner never used it. We are new to this so have no idea how they come out. Are you located any where near Seattle?
coupevillefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:27 AM   #3

Coupevillefish we are in SoCal. The couch has the inflatable mattress which is easy to set up and very comfortable. Our issue was with the Faux leather couch that we did not care for.
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
Old 01-23-2013, 07:45 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Now the $64,000 question. Will the new couch fit through the door to get it inside the coach? Just wondering, I know the newer units have larger door openings than my 2007. I've seen a few things on TV about manufacturers that have to remove the front windshield to get the full size refrigerators out when they have to be replaced.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #5

Typically the backs come off Lazy Boy products so shouldn't be a problem to get in door.
we2lovecamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #6

cf, the answer is yes, it will fit. The couch without the backs on is 23" high, and the door opening is 28". Worst case scenario is I will have to remove the inside assist handle to get enough room. Even with the handle in place, I have about 26" clearance. I may have to take the closer off the door and let it open as far as possible to have plenty of clearance.

Good point though, from what I have read on this forum the hardest part of the job is getting the old one out the door. Lazy Boy will deliver the new one INSIDE the motorhome.

Happy Trails, Forrest
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
Old 01-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #7
phat phrog stunt crew

along the same lines, has anybody removed their night stands and queen bed and replaced with a king bed? if so, how much 'remodeling' was involved.
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:55 PM   #8

FB I sent you a PM regarding your old couch.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:06 AM   #9
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbconsults View Post
cf, the answer is yes, it will fit. The couch without the backs on is 23" high, and the door opening is 28". Worst case scenario is I will have to remove the inside assist handle to get enough room. Even with the handle in place, I have about 26" clearance. I may have to take the closer off the door and let it open as far as possible to have plenty of clearance.

Good point though, from what I have read on this forum the hardest part of the job is getting the old one out the door. Lazy Boy will deliver the new one INSIDE the motorhome.

Happy Trails, Forrest
That's good to hear. I'm sure removing the original will be an adventure. I moved a sofa/bed years ago and thought there were a couple bodies folded inside the stupid thing. The weight is an issue but the arkwardness of turning it will probably be your biggest thing to deal with.
As for Lazy Boy delivering it inside. It doesn't get any better than that. We have one of their big recliners in the house and it's beyond comfortable. I could live in that thing if I could get my wife out of it.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 01-24-2013, 07:17 AM   #10
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynerz View Post
along the same lines, has anybody removed their night stands and queen bed and replaced with a king bed? if so, how much 'remodeling' was involved.
I haven't changed mine but I have had it apart a few times looking for an electrical junction box. In my case the bed is within a slide-out. The night stands are just screwed in place. I would think you could keep the base but just change the plywood for the new mattress to sit on once the nightstands are removed. The overhang wouldn't be bad enough that the plywood would bend on the edges.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 01-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #11
phat phrog stunt crew

thanks cf, thats what i was hoping to hear. my wife and i love each other, but we love each other more in a king size bed. a queen is too cramped as one of us tosses and turns all night. i havent noticed it myself, so it must be her
Old 01-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #12

If the king sized bed works out, how about some pics. I have thought about the same thing but was afraid the space at the door would be reduced to much to be practical.

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #13

last spring we got rid of our nasty couch in our slide and also put in a dual reclining couch lazyboy and it paid off big time you will love it have fun
j2detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #14
phat phrog stunt crew

the king size bed is just a winter time thought. when it warms up more than it is, i will take some measurements and see how much of a pita it is to get the queen size out and all the other needs to get the king size in. it doesnt seem (in my mind) to be to difficult of a project. we have a slide in the bedroom, and we already cant get in there unless the slide is moved out. the bed would just be going wider, not longer so i need to see that we actually do have the room before springing for a good, quality mattress.

will post pics if we decide to go that route.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #15

Quote:
the king size bed is just a winter time thought. when it warms up more than it is, i will take some measurements and see how much of a pita it is to get the queen size out and all the other needs to get the king size in. it doesnt seem (in my mind) to be to difficult of a project. we have a slide in the bedroom, and we already cant get in there unless the slide is moved out. the bed would just be going wider, not longer so i need to see that we actually do have the room before springing for a good, quality mattress.

Aren't RV mattresses (king and Queen) non standard size compaired to sticks and bricks?

The king in our 360 measurED 73" wide by 72" long.

We didn't like it the first and last night it was in the MH!
Nice for a few minutes but we just kept sinking in, by morning I thought I was in an old water bed, I'm not that big 5'10" 182.
Hated climbing out of it, but it always sprang back.
DW had to climb off the end because when the bed room doors are open she only had a few inches between the bed and sliding door.

We went to a local mattress manufacture and had a custom 72" queen built, mid range quality for $500.00.

Next on the todo list
Cut the plywood down to queen and build some end tables, we DIDN'T have any...
King in a 360 = good idea (for the sales dept.) but in real life it just didn't work out the way we thought it would .

ab&jb
Old 01-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #16
phat phrog stunt crew

my queen measures 60x80 according to sales brochure. camper not conveinent to go measure at this time. all i know is my feet dont hang over the end like they did with a short queen.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #17

Quote:

We have 2 XL twins at home that = a king. We use dorm sheets with a king cover. They would be a lot easier to get in. Then you would only have to get the queen out.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #18
phat phrog stunt crew

thanks for the heads up on the twin bed idea. will be much easier to manuever and probably cheaper to boot. i am putting all my swear words in the bank for the day we decide to try this. cant be too prepared