Old 09-20-2014, 05:02 PM   #1
Replacing Orange Hoses...

Well upon buying my Georgetown..I noticed that some hoses had some very big blisters.. (Some looked like ping pong balls)..I contacted... Kevin Stratton at Forest river..( very helpful)and he sent me the replacement hoses( free of charge).. So today I decided to change them out... Not difficult at all... Hardest part was getting up into the frame and zip tying the new hose into position.. This is when being an average to small guy comes in very handy...( I'm neither).... So here are a few pointers for anyone thinking of doing it themselves..

Took me approx 3hrs on my back..

I did not disconnect any battery... But made sure panel was off( as explained to me by leomosley)

When I cracked the fitting..I got a slight pressurized release of fluid...I did not remove the hose until the the fluid slowed..when you remove the hose make sure not to loose the O ring seated in the indentation of the fitting..

I removed hoses one by one...and measured them to insure I use the correct hose in the proper position...I just followed the same route as the ones I removed...

Installation was the reversal ... (hardest part was Zip tying the hoses back up)..Make sure you have plenty of the big Zip Ties..

I added 1qt of dex/ reservoir ... ( I was already low... You don't loose much fluid at all)

To bleed system ...I ran front first manually 3-4 times ...let it cool for 10minutes and moved to the back ...Again cycled 3-4 times.. Then waited another 10minutes to let it cool..

I then cleaned everything up and cycled it twice on auto and checked for leaks.....

Hope this helps anyone that decides to do it themselves.. Good luck...
2010 Georgetown 300FWSSouth Florida
speedjester is offline   Reply With Quote