Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2012, 12:54 AM   #1

Replacing the chairs and kitchen faucet

Has anyone done either of these things? Due to the cheap leather on the driver and passenger side and the fact its wearing a lot, we are going to replace it. The question is if I should hire someone to do it or just do it myself. How hard is it? If it's real easy, I'm fine with doing it. if it's pretty challenging, I don't mind hiring someone.

Same question for the kitchen faucet. We are having a problem with discoloration on the faucet probably due to calcium deposit buildup. It's a pain to deal with and my wife wants to just go ahead and replace it since we have company coming soon. Any suggestions on the replacement and keeping the calcium buildup from happening again????
georgetown50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:38 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown50
Has anyone done either of these things? Due to the cheap leather on the driver and passenger side and the fact its wearing a lot, we are going to replace it. The question is if I should hire someone to do it or just do it myself. How hard is it? If it's real easy, I'm fine with doing it. if it's pretty challenging, I don't mind hiring someone.

Same question for the kitchen faucet. We are having a problem with discoloration on the faucet probably due to calcium deposit buildup. It's a pain to deal with and my wife wants to just go ahead and replace it since we have company coming soon. Any suggestions on the replacement and keeping the calcium buildup from happening again????
Hire a professional to do the seats.

Use clr on faucets to clear up lime and scale.
You'll be fine tackling the new faucet.
Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Hire a professional to do the seats.

Use clr on faucets to clear up lime and scale.
You'll be fine tackling the new faucet.
Turbs
I have used clr on the faucets. The problem now is that my wife scrubbed too hard on the faucet and took off the "brushed" look on much of the faucet giving it a look of disease. The kitchen faucet looks somewhat straight forward whereas the bathroom faucet looks like it could give troubles. Not sure how to dismantle it.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:04 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

To remove the faucets - Turn off the water - Relieve any pressure in the lines - Disconnect the water lines- Never hurts to have a small bowl and a couple towels to catch any drippage. The faucets are held in place from underneath by 2 nuts that thread on the water lines above the water line connections. The faucets may also have plumbers putty under them which will keep them in place. It shouldn't be too hard to get them loose. You can take the faucets to Home Depot or Lowes and match them up. In most cases you'll end up with the drain pieces as well but you really don't need them. They come together as a kit.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #5

Yes I replaced my kitchen faucet. It was no problem. As Charlie said, I took the old one out and took it to Home Depot with me. I took the hoses that connected it too. They helped me get all the right parts to make sure the new one connected right up.

I got a Kohler pull out spray model in white. It's really nice, far far nicer than the old one. It is a single hole unit and came with a matching plate to cover up the other holes. It was about $100

KOHLER | K-15160 | Coralais Pullout Spray Kitchen Sink Faucet
Old 09-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #6

So we don't necessarily have to go to Camping World or a RV shop to get the faucets? A home faucet will fit?
Old 09-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #7

Yes, a home faucet will fit just fine. The motorhome faucet uses a strange connector. So you might need a couple extra plumbing parts to make the water connections but home depot will have everything you need. And they'll help you figure it out.

I ended up using a push-on connector. So I cut the motorhome plumbing under the sink, and pushed on these nice valves. Then used a braided stainless steel hose to go from that valve to the new home kitchen style faucet. It was really easy and a great install.

I made another post about this. I wonder if I can find it.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #8

Here's the valve I used:
1/2 in. NOM PushConnect x 3/8 in. OD Comp Outlet Chrome Plated Brass 1/4-Turn Angle Valve-G2PC19 C1 at The Home Depot

Here is the other post about this:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...que-14999.html

Tags
faucet