Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2014, 08:00 PM   #21

I think most all RVs now are coming with LEDs. To anyone replacing one, measure the available space, not the screen size. Guarantee you can step up a few inches.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:09 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by davel1971 View Post
I think most all RVs now are coming with LEDs. To anyone replacing one, measure the available space, not the screen size. Guarantee you can step up a few inches.

This Samsung was 36" wide by 21" tall without the stand and about 1" thick. Weight about 23 lbs.
The original Toshiba was 40" wide x 26" tall and about 5" thick
This TV must have weighed 40 lbs plus.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:11 PM   #23

In the camper I just got rid of, I put a 29" LG in a space that was supposed to hold a 26". Has a very narrow frame.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:42 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Well I finally removed that Toshiba 40" and replaced it with a Samsung 40" that weighs 23 lbs.
I installed a new wall mount as well as reinforced the wall to handle the TV and movement.
The outer wall is more sturdy than I expected.
I still installed a 1/2" x 12" x12" piece of precut finished plywood from the hobby shop for $2.39 on sale.
I also removed some of the wall paper to expose the wood underneath. So when I applied Gorilla glue to it will bond and become one solid unit.

Here are a few pictures.
So, IGGY. It appears that there now is enough room under the TV for the SAT (VPK211) receiver (REC) and if that is true the existing coax could be connected to my A/B coax switch (IN) with "A" output to the REC and "B" output to the TV. That way the REC HDMI output connects to TV for HD SAT viewing and also PARK CABLE (when not using Tailgater)/ANT inputs to the TV are also available as they are now. The overhead TV selector box remains selected for CABLE with/without tailgater connected and ANT as currently selected. No need for wireless HDMI. If this is all kosher, looks like a plan for my changing to your modification. Thanks.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:00 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
So, IGGY. It appears that there now is enough room under the TV for the SAT (VPK211) receiver (REC) and if that is true the existing coax could be connected to my A/B coax switch (IN) with "A" output to the REC and "B" output to the TV. That way the REC HDMI output connects to TV for HD SAT viewing and also PARK CABLE (when not using Tailgater)/ANT inputs to the TV are also available as they are now. The overhead TV selector box remains selected for CABLE with/without tailgater connected and ANT as currently selected. No need for wireless HDMI. If this is all kosher, looks like a plan for my changing to your modification. Thanks.
Yes I left about 3" below the TV for the VIP211k Dish receiver. It also can be a DVD/Blue Ray player and the sound is so good that I actually don't need a sound bar or the cheap RCA surround system.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:34 PM   #26

Iggy I will have to make photos for you, but my 2011 360 came with 40in Toshiba mounted on swing arm in kitchen/dinning area. Works well although am considering LED replacement. MY problem area is the bed room where I have a 32in mounted in wall and I cannot see how to even take it down, much less remove to replace.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:58 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by copsuno View Post
Iggy I will have to make photos for you, but my 2011 360 came with 40in Toshiba mounted on swing arm in kitchen/dinning area. Works well although am considering LED replacement. MY problem area is the bed room where I have a 32in mounted in wall and I cannot see how to even take it down, much less remove to replace.
I have heard other tying to figure out the bedroom TV in the 386. Look in the cabinets to the right and left of the TV to see if you notice a screwed in wood plate. That is how I have to get behind my TV in my bedroom.
Yours may be similar.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:18 PM   #28

Replacing Toshiba 40" LCD with thin LED?

My 378 was a mystery at first to me. I looked on both side of the tv and noticed only two screws holding in the plywood on the right side closet after taking off both of the panels. After taking out the two screws the tv came out easy. BE SURE TO HAVE SOMEONE HELP TO HOLD THE TV or it may fall to the floor.
There are only two screws holding in place. I really thought they should have put in four screw with two on each side but that was not the case
I had to take out the tv because the HDMI input was being covered up by the wall trim board.
Now my next project is to remove the outside TV. If anyone knows please reply.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:00 AM   #29

Wrapper man. Where is the outside on your 378. I have a 2011 but can't imagine where it would go.
buddyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:53 AM   #30

We have a triple slide. It is directly behind the fireplace on the outside wall.
It was not something we really wanted but it came with the motorhome.
Now that we have it we have used it several times to watch a movie while sitting around the campfire. Very romantic when we watch a chick flick.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:12 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by copsuno View Post

Ya mine has an access panel in the hanging closet to the right of the tv. Probably not easy to get to unless you are an acrobat!
BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led