Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2015, 01:22 PM   #1

Residential Fridge in 351DS

There was a water leak behind my fridge. I shut off the water and now I cannot figure out how to pull the fridge out to check what it is. Any advice would be helpful. If I try to lift it over the slight lip that is there, the fridge hits a board on top to secure it in.
I saw a similar post that said they were able to roll to out, but I have a 1/2 inch lip and it will not roll.

2015 Georgetown 351DS
Fort Worth Texas
xtian213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 11:52 PM   #2

You have to go outside to the compartment that is outside of the refrigerator.
Their is a black plastic panel held in by a few screws that you need to remove.
Behind that should be the water line for the ice maker.
Also I think the invertor is locate in that compartment.

Now you sure the water wasn't from the ice maker while the refrigerator was off?
Many people forget that the ice maker makes ice and if it isn't frozen it will splash around while driving until it freezes.

Let us know
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 12:57 PM   #3

I was able to shut off the water under the sink and it only leaked when I had turned the water pump on with that line left on. The leak is behind the fridge and I am ALMOST positive that I need to pull out the fridge to see where.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:21 PM   #4

How did you come out with this? I do know that there is no access to the residential fridge from outside of the coach. Any access would have to be obtained from inside.
Buck & Patsy, the boston-mix guard dogs
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:52 PM   #5

I still have not been able to access the back. I have the water turned off but it will have to wait for another weekend when I can work on it some more. Still not sure how to get to the rear of the fridge.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:39 PM   #6

I am having the same problem, did u have any luck? I think I have to take my doors off just to get it out, also there are two screws holding the unit in.
Fr27davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 02:08 PM   #7

that strip on the bottom comes off .if not there are rollers on ref .have to work it out unless you can take side panel off
wire1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 02:24 PM   #8

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
You have to go outside to the compartment that is outside of the refrigerator.
Their is a black plastic panel held in by a few screws that you need to remove.
Behind that should be the water line for the ice maker.
Also I think the invertor is locate in that compartment.

Now you sure the water wasn't from the ice maker while the refrigerator was off?
Many people forget that the ice maker makes ice and if it isn't frozen it will splash around while driving until it freezes.

Let us know
I found the shut off valve for the icemaker underneath the sink. I could not find an access panel behind the refrigerator outside. I am pretty sure it is not just the icemaker running, because whenever I turn the water pump on is when it starts to leak. I am almost positive it is a separated (hopefully) waterline that was caused by freezing. I still am pretty sure that I need to find a way to scoot the refrigerator out in order to see behind it. I have not had a chance to get back to it as it is in winter storage right now.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:43 AM   #9

I took my fridge out by removing btm grill, 2 screws, put boards on floor, tilted mh sideways a lot with one rear levelor. Then the fridge rolled out very easily (with gravity's help).

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Sbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:47 PM   #10

The water coming out of my residential fridge is not cold. Am I doing something wrong? It's making ice and distributing water to drink, it's just room temperature.
thebenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 04:54 PM   #11

Get about 8 oz of water and throw away, then get some more water and it should be cold. There's a Long tube the water goes thru and the end is not kept cold.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

2015 Charleston 430RB
Billr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:09 PM   #12

When I had a leak behind my fridge, it was this part: Frigidaire 242252603 Water Valve - AppliancePartsPros.com

OK, not the exact model number, but you get the idea. It is the solenoid that sends water up to the icemaker. CHEAP PLASTIC!

It is an easy fix. A lot easier than pulling the fridge and returning it.

Good luck,
Don
dmdrj5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge