Old 11-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #1

Residential Fridge Power

Well, FR sent me the MIA inverter 3 days before our trip to FL. I have to get busy! It looks like I have everything but the wires to the batteries. The switch, remote panel, and data cable is already installed so all I have to do is mount and hook up the inverter. I'll end up with an extra switch and remote.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #2

Well, that took about 30 minutes. All wires were there so it was just plug and play. Hardest part was screwing the boxes down since it was a bit tight.

Works like a champ. Now we have fridge power with shore, gen, or batteries.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
Fulltime family RVer

Oh man- no pictures of it installed? You really dropped the ball on that one.

Nicely done, though. Have fun on your trip! Where are you headed off to?
Old 11-19-2013, 12:53 PM   #4

Forgot to install the black plastic cover so I had a chance to take a picture.

Heading down south to Florida to spend time with the in-laws for Thanksgiving. We'll run the fridge on batteries as long as it will last and then we'll cycle the generator to keep it cool.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #5

A cool mod would be to grab the other outlet on the inverter and run an extension to an inside outlet. Put a decal on it "Battery Power" or something. You could then run things that require 110 while on the move. This inverter is actually pretty nice with overload protection as well as a cutoff if the batteries get too low.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:41 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmmer View Post
A cool mod would be to grab the other outlet on the inverter and run an extension to an inside outlet. Put a decal on it "Battery Power" or something. You could then run things that require 110 while on the move. This inverter is actually pretty nice with overload protection as well as a cutoff if the batteries get too low.
I thought about doing this very thing after spotting the open outlet on the inverter.

Our experience so far has been that the fridge will run 12 hrs-plus on just battery power alone. Of course that time would be shortened if you used the inverter to feed an additional outlet
Buck & Patsy, the boston-mix guard dogs
43D18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43D18 View Post
I thought about doing this very thing after spotting the open outlet on the inverter.

Our experience so far has been that the fridge will run 12 hrs-plus on just battery power alone. Of course that time would be shortened if you used the inverter to feed an additional outlet
That's good to know. I didn't expect to get that many hours on battery power. I have to go out and look, but I think our fridges have the option to turn the freezer off. We won't have anything frozen so it would save even more power.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:32 PM   #8

The monitor panel on the wall was still registering 2/3 battery charge after about 12 hrs but when we returned a couple hours later the fridge was off. So, not surprisingly the monitor is not accurate
Old 11-26-2013, 07:34 PM   #9

Well, we ran ours on inverter power the entire way down from OH to FL and it never turned off. We did turn on the Gen for about 7 hours when we stopped half way through.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #10

You are charging the battery while driving though. No need to run the gen unless you are parked without the engine running or shorepower for an extended time

Tags
fridge, power