Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2015, 01:51 PM   #1

Residential frig removal

While I sold my 2014 GT 351 in June I thought I would pass along the rig the tech had given me in event frig needed to be rolled out of enclosure. Simple design that measures 36" x 24-1/4 x 5-3/4. Just cleaned out attic and thought I would share. Good luck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1441219784.146387.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	87605

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1441219809.667335.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	87606

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
FL family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 07:30 PM   #2

Thanks! I think I'm going to have to pull the dumb thing, it's been running all day and not cooling at all. Ugh! Granted it's 95 in the shade, but it should be cooking some at least.

Congrats on selling the coach. Are you getting a new something??

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-06-2015, 11:35 PM   #3

Really appreciate it! That's a handy one to have!
Garren
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:14 AM   #4

Wow, I think the fridge came out easier than it went in! I now have some broken trim to deal with, all for a 14-month old fridge that needs a new compressor. While the huge fridge is great for our family of 7, I absolutely regret having it. At least with a "true" RV fridge you have a rear access panel to work on it (among many other features).

So while I love having this huge fridge and don't mind the battery usage, etc, hope you never have to remove it to work on it. And hope you never have to replace the whole thing because it's only going out through a removed slide. Ouch.

And you absolutely need the rig posted above, don't even attempt to remove\replace the residential fridge without it. I also recommend removing the door handles to give yourself more room.

Tom
Old 09-11-2015, 09:34 AM   #5

These giant fridges will be the deal breaker for me. With just the wife and myself we can go 10 to 12 days on what will fit in a 8 foot dometic. I have food in the 22 foot home fridge that I can't recognize. Its like we put food in that monster and it disappears into a black hole, only to resurface as a fuzzy wookie.
Rockwoodjoe is offline   Reply With Quote