Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2015, 10:26 AM   #1

Review of our Georgetown and new 6 Speed

Well we have owned our new 364 for two weeks and we have been camping 7 of those days and put 1000 miles on it..

First we will point out or items that have cropped up that we will need to take care off.. No heat comes out of the center bathroom vent or hall.. Second is we have no idea where it went and we swear it was there during the walk thru but one of the louvered vent covers in the back bedroom has vanished.. Third we had two different outside doors come open numerous times and we have now adjusted them and the issues has stopped.. The last item is the wire mesh grill down in the front between the fog lights is falling out.. They used sheet metal screws into fiberglass and they are stripped out.. Otherwise we ran everything and it has performed flawlessly and we have had a great time.. Cant wait till next year.

On our long trip we were amazed at the way the 6 speed seemed to give us more power without the dramatic down shifts.. I found myself going way faster than I wanted many times.. Using the cruise control was way more fun without all the high rev downshift.. Plus we got 7.2 for fuel mileage which is way better than our other coach in a lot of mountains.. There is one climb that we go over that is 10 miles up and 5% grade.. It goes for ever and we still got over 7 so we are happy with that.. I am sure if we lived in Kansas we could do even better.. So anyway we were impressed..

As for handling I must say that this coach does way less to almost no side to side rocking like our old coach did.. I will say it was a little afraid of the 30-40 mile an hour side wind gusts but so were the semis.. I cant imagine any product that would stop that.. You are driving a large wind sail.. We just slowed down and carried on..This ain't no sports car

We loved the microwave convection oven.. The wife made bread and I made two batched of cookies.. It was fun and easy plus the coach really smelled good.. We loved having the heat strips and the propane furnace option.. The residential frig is a blessing,, I don't know how we managed before.. And the king size bed is great.. We don't hit each other in our sleep but it would be nice to have a little more room down the sides.. It is tight to use the bathroom going down the road but our son like the wider bunk so we can deal with it.. We love all the storage in the back and can hardly wait to get the Washer/dryer in.. We wish they had a small china cabinet like we had before but we are adjusting.. All in all we had a blast and can hardly wait for next year..

Now its time to winterize it.. Already drained the water tank and hot water heater..Turned the bypass valves.. Time to pull the low point drain caps and start injecting antifreeze..
Old 11-16-2015, 07:27 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Nice review. We are taking ours out for the first time next week. Just a short trip to NC to visit some friends for the holiday. We have a couple minor issues to work out, but nothing that will hinder our trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:15 PM   #3

Have fun.. We love ours and wish we did not get such bad winters or we would go some more.. We have only owned ours two weeks and we were on the road for 7 of those days.. Now we have winterized it and will be grounded till April.. SUCK.. Snowed today
Old 11-20-2015, 12:52 PM   #4

I am so glad to see someone else who thinks the ride and handling are pretty good. I have seen several people on this forum that have made suspension improvements and I was beginning to think I was the only one who liked out handling on our 364
Old 11-21-2015, 10:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browns-Camden View Post
I am so glad to see someone else who thinks the ride and handling are pretty good. I have seen several people on this forum that have made suspension improvements and I was beginning to think I was the only one who liked out handling on our 364
Like I said there are some issues you can never get rid of when you dive a large box.. I will also add I have driven small cars that were afraid of passing semis.. The best thing about driving this unit compared to our past MH is that we dont get the side to side rocking.. And the sudden two to three gear downshift are gone.. I had to use cruise control a lot since I found myself going way faster than I wanted to go..

Two things we wish this unit had: first thing is it would be nice to have a small pantry or china cabinet next to dinette and a little more room around that lovely King size bed.. Other wise we love it .. Once spring comes I have got to get the washer/dryer in..
Old 11-28-2015, 10:49 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Just got back from our maiden voyage in our Georgetown 364. Everything went fairly smooth, but did have a couple issues pop up. The biggest is the entry door. Seems that when it gets cold out, the door shrinks and is a pain to close. The striker bars hit the strike plate and prevent the door from closing easily. When it warms up, the door closes fine (maybe not as easily as it should, but without too much effort. The driver's side sliding window has a "rattle" to it. If I touch the window it stops. I'll take a look at this when it warms up for a temp fix until I get it into dealer. The refrigerator doors are another issue. They want to open, even with the bungee cords in place. Simple solution was a velcro strap around the handles, now there's no need for the bungee cords. The freezer doesn't seem to be a problem at all, even without the cord in place. The rig did fine through the Appalachian mountains and for the biggest part of the trip, was in 5th and 6th gear. Dropped to 4th on a couple of long uphill pulls, but ran 55mph at 3000 rpms. I am looking at installing additional sway bars, as I had an "Oh S%!t" moment when a truck pulling doubles passed me at about 80mph in the rain. I felt what I thought was a little fish tailing, because of the wet roads, my speed (64), and the side to side body roll. Got around 7.1mpg overall with mostly mountain driving and running the generator. With the exception of the few uphill climbs (5 miles of 7% grade), I ran at or just under 65mph. Had forgot about the inverter switch for the fridge on the way down and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work off the batteries. Re-discovered once we reached our destination. The rear camera is also useless when it rains. May check out a different hood setup to keep the water drops off the lens. I do wish the bunks were a little longer, as when I come in at 3:00am I get whatever bed is open. One night it was the bunk, as wife and youngest daughter had master bedroom. Tomorrow will be winterizing the rig again. The de-winterizing was fairly easy, so don't see a problem in winterizing. Haven't figured out how to stop the Splendide washer mid cycle to drain and re-fill as some have mentioned though. Wife did a small load to check it out, and it worked great. Looking forward to our next trip, which may not be until March, unless we can sneak away during Christmas break to somewhere warm.
Old 11-28-2015, 11:22 AM   #7

AquaMan,in regards to the Refer Doors forget that Mickey Mouse Bungee Stuff, Contact Members (Bob & Connie Miller) Middlebury,In. they have a Charleston and it had the Same M/M Refer Door Setup! They now have a CORRECT way to keep the doors shut that IS/LOOKS Profesional! Easy Mod for you to install also! Enjoy your M/H! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 11:29 AM   #8
I Break Everything

These are great reviews. We have the residential fridge as well it's great. However I live in central/south Texas, no winterizing here we travel year round and go skiing at Taos during Spring Break. Heading to the lake next week.

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 12:16 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
AquaMan,in regards to the Refer Doors forget that Mickey Mouse Bungee Stuff, Contact Members (Bob & Connie Miller) Middlebury,In. they have a Charleston and it had the Same M/M Refer Door Setup! They now have a CORRECT way to keep the doors shut that IS/LOOKS Profesional! Easy Mod for you to install also! Enjoy your M/H! Youroo!!

I had seen a "T" shaped lock. Is that what you are talking about?

Old 11-28-2015, 12:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
I had seen a "T" shaped lock. Is that what you are talking about?

Yes and they are SS,1 goes between the upper doors and 1 on the side for the freezer! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 01:31 PM   #11

I must say I forgot about the rear camera being useless in the rain.. We were disappointed that it does not show a picture until the roads dry.. Is there a cure for this that anyone knows..
Old 11-28-2015, 01:56 PM   #12

The one bad bit of news from this purchase is the wife wants a microwave convection oven for her kitchen.. She really loves the one in the coach..
Old 11-30-2015, 05:50 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Note for those with the fridge that the water filter must be in place to get water through door, when winterizing the filter removes all color and most all of the smell from the antifreeze! But not the TASTE!

Old 12-01-2015, 01:36 PM   #14

Well I had been dreading this day.. Went and purchased the first plates for the motorhome and it was not as bad as I figured.. Personalized plates $332.. So I am a happy camper..
Old 12-01-2015, 03:27 PM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Not sure what mine cost, it evidently wasn't anywhere near yours cause it didn't leave by butt puckered like 3 bills would of. 😀

Old 12-01-2015, 05:31 PM   #16

I feel lucky since it costs $700 plus in Washington State.. And then sales tax and emissions testing every year
Old 12-01-2015, 05:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVnut View Post
I must say I forgot about the rear camera being useless in the rain.. We were disappointed that it does not show a picture until the roads dry.. Is there a cure for this that anyone knows..

Never thought about this until I read the post. Same issue with mine. I wonder if using Rain-x would help?

Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 05:47 PM   #18

[QUOTE=gasman94;1047666]Never thought about this until I read the post. Same issue with mine. I wonder if using Rain-x would help?

Its weird but I think it is the air turbulence caused in the rear cap area.. The next day if it is not raining it is perfectly fine..
Old 12-01-2015, 05:52 PM   #19

Mine is definitely water on the lens. I can see the drip rolling back and forth over it.

Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 04:43 PM   #20

The issue with the wet backup camera lens is due to the vacuum and turbulence caused by the rear of the MH as you are driving along. Unless you have a way to smooth the airflow over, around and under the back of the MH, it's just going to suck up everything and deposit it on the back end. There have been a number of threads in RV.net about Airtabs and how they do a very good job of smoothing out the airflow. They were originally marketed as a means to better MPG, but they have minimal effect on that. But they have been credited for cleaner back ends and also for better stability when being passed by truck and the like. Problem is, they really don't look good on your coach, and you have to line them up on the back of the MH with very close spacing (read that as touching one another) from the bottom of one side, all the way over the top and down to the other side. I just choose to clean the lens.
BigMac8253 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown