Old 11-28-2015, 01:31 PM   #11

I must say I forgot about the rear camera being useless in the rain.. We were disappointed that it does not show a picture until the roads dry.. Is there a cure for this that anyone knows..

Old 11-28-2015, 01:56 PM   #12

The one bad bit of news from this purchase is the wife wants a microwave convection oven for her kitchen.. She really loves the one in the coach..

Old 11-30-2015, 05:50 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Note for those with the fridge that the water filter must be in place to get water through door, when winterizing the filter removes all color and most all of the smell from the antifreeze! But not the TASTE!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 12-01-2015, 01:36 PM   #14

Well I had been dreading this day.. Went and purchased the first plates for the motorhome and it was not as bad as I figured.. Personalized plates $332.. So I am a happy camper..
Old 12-01-2015, 03:27 PM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Not sure what mine cost, it evidently wasn't anywhere near yours cause it didn't leave by butt puckered like 3 bills would of. 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 12-01-2015, 05:31 PM   #16

I feel lucky since it costs $700 plus in Washington State.. And then sales tax and emissions testing every year
Old 12-01-2015, 05:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVnut View Post
I must say I forgot about the rear camera being useless in the rain.. We were disappointed that it does not show a picture until the roads dry.. Is there a cure for this that anyone knows..

Never thought about this until I read the post. Same issue with mine. I wonder if using Rain-x would help?

Rich
Old 12-01-2015, 05:47 PM   #18

[QUOTE=gasman94;1047666]Never thought about this until I read the post. Same issue with mine. I wonder if using Rain-x would help?

Its weird but I think it is the air turbulence caused in the rear cap area.. The next day if it is not raining it is perfectly fine..
Old 12-01-2015, 05:52 PM   #19

Mine is definitely water on the lens. I can see the drip rolling back and forth over it.

Rich
Old 12-02-2015, 04:43 PM   #20

The issue with the wet backup camera lens is due to the vacuum and turbulence caused by the rear of the MH as you are driving along. Unless you have a way to smooth the airflow over, around and under the back of the MH, it's just going to suck up everything and deposit it on the back end. There have been a number of threads in RV.net about Airtabs and how they do a very good job of smoothing out the airflow. They were originally marketed as a means to better MPG, but they have minimal effect on that. But they have been credited for cleaner back ends and also for better stability when being passed by truck and the like. Problem is, they really don't look good on your coach, and you have to line them up on the back of the MH with very close spacing (read that as touching one another) from the bottom of one side, all the way over the top and down to the other side. I just choose to clean the lens.

Tags
georgetown