Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2017, 01:34 PM   #1

Right slide problems with GT-378

Has anyone with a GT-378 experienced a problem with the right slide not moving in and out evenly? I have a 2016 378, we noted that the front of the right slide lags behind the rear of the slide both going out and coming in. The unit was bought new the 1st of November 2016, and the slide has never been right. The unit has been in the dealers shop for repair in November, then again in March. Admittedly, I opted to take the unit out of the shop after two weeks of unsuccessful repair attempts in November so I could make my planned annual trip to Florida. The Service Manager at the dealer assured me it would not cause any further problem, and that would continue attempts to repair when I got back. On March 20th, I returned the coach to the dealer, and it has been there ever since. They arranged for a Lippert tech to come to the dealership to analyze and fix the problem. I spoke with the Lippert tech today, and he says the problem is uneven weight distribution in the slide due to the design of the slide with the TV and electric fire place being stacked on that end which is a problem FR would have to resolve. I am presently scheduled to go to the factory for repairs in late May, but have doubts that the problem described by the Lippert guy is the problem. If it were, it should recur in every 378 the is equipped the same way. If anyone else has experienced the problem, I'd appreciate knowing.

RVnMarine
GT-378TS
RVnMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:59 PM   #2

I don't think it was a Lippert tech. It is an easy adjustment that needs to be done.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 02:18 PM   #3

Here you go. Scroll to page 9. There are 2 rams on the right hand slide. You access them from underneath the slide. Take down the black partition inside the back of the storage compartment. Once you have access to the rams you will see how they operate by momentarily selecting in and out for the slide.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Lippert Hydraulic Slideout.pdf (841.6 KB, 93 views)
Old 04-25-2017, 02:40 PM   #4

Appreciate the responses, adjustments and other repairs have been tried. Didn't list all attempts, because post was already to long. Will be going to FR factory in late May so they can assess and make necessary repairs
RVnMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:38 PM   #5

Thank you Paul Harvey and your 378 slide layout is not any different than mine or any other 378 and I/we don't have a problem. I tweaked mine a little with the adjustments when I first got it and no issues.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:55 AM   #6

We have a 2014 378 and out slide has been even. I recently developed a leak in one of the hydraulic cylinder seals. Having it rebuilt now at a local HD hydraulic shop. Hoping once reinstalled they work together ok.
360true is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVnMarine View Post
Has anyone with a GT-378 experienced a problem with the right slide not moving in and out evenly? I have a 2016 378, we noted that the front of the right slide lags behind the rear of the slide both going out and coming in. The unit was bought new the 1st of November 2016, and the slide has never been right. The unit has been in the dealers shop for repair in November, then again in March. Admittedly, I opted to take the unit out of the shop after two weeks of unsuccessful repair attempts in November so I could make my planned annual trip to Florida. The Service Manager at the dealer assured me it would not cause any further problem, and that would continue attempts to repair when I got back. On March 20th, I returned the coach to the dealer, and it has been there ever since. They arranged for a Lippert tech to come to the dealership to analyze and fix the problem. I spoke with the Lippert tech today, and he says the problem is uneven weight distribution in the slide due to the design of the slide with the TV and electric fire place being stacked on that end which is a problem FR would have to resolve. I am presently scheduled to go to the factory for repairs in late May, but have doubts that the problem described by the Lippert guy is the problem. If it were, it should recur in every 378 the is equipped the same way. If anyone else has experienced the problem, I'd appreciate knowing.

RVnMarine
GT-378TS
Not sure if you have a topper on your slide but we had big problems because our topper wasn't rolling correctly, it would rack the whole slide room. After three adjustments and floor repairs I think we are OK. Good luck.
2015 Coachmen Chaparral 336 TSIK

Twice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide