Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2012, 02:34 AM   #1

rm1350 refer

I have a Georgetown 378, 2012 motor home.last summer while driving home we noticed the refer door kept coming open while driving,the lock was on when motor was running,stopped mh and went back and shut door,all was good until we got on gravel road it came open again the left lower side? am i missing something here or what,i looked at mh today and worked the locks on door.with motor home running door lock correctly<then i tried to open door gently and it opened left side again right side not so easy,upper doors no way.any suggestions. Pete
petey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey View Post
I have a Georgetown 378, 2012 motor home.last summer while driving home we noticed the refer door kept coming open while driving,the lock was on when motor was running,stopped mh and went back and shut door,all was good until we got on gravel road it came open again the left lower side? am i missing something here or what,i looked at mh today and worked the locks on door.with motor home running door lock correctly<then i tried to open door gently and it opened left side again right side not so easy,upper doors no way.any suggestions. Pete
Hi Pete, yes I went through it also. First the lock wouldn't work with the engine, after tons of talk got someone to fix it. Then the latch wasn't centered (the one with the motor and slide in it). It can be adjusted slightly by loosening the two pan head screws that secure it. In you case it may be a few increments high. Try to loosen only sligthly and nudge down to catch the lower door pins. If you can get enough you can always disassemble the pin mech. and shim below the plate a small amount to make pin "longer". I had to do that on one door. I've traveled many miles since with no broken Ice cube trays or milk on the floor! Also in a 2012/378 with Dometic 1350.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
In mine it was the left freezer door. It was so far off that the had to replace the fridge.
Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote