Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2009, 12:10 PM   #1

Question Roof Leaks

I have a 2004 370 XL,it has been back to the factory five times for major repaires. One of these was a roof leak on the left side over the drivers seat.Got it back in Feb.2009 ,It is still leaking in the wall,coming out the floor.Has any of you had this problem and what did you find out?
louis cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:10 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Do you see the water after you have driven the coach while raining or if it's just parked? If after driving I'd check up in the wheel well and inside the engine compartment for any gaps where water could get in. Do you have a door on the driver's side where the water might be getting in? I know mine allows air through when a truck passes me. It could be the water is traveling around the seal on the door and entering where there's a gap. Check the Sealant around the side mirror and side window for missing sealant.Also check the windowshield on top for any place where water could get in and travel around the glass to the side. Thankfully I haven't had any leaks but would be interested when you find out where it's coming from.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:04 AM   #3

check the antenna

Not on my Georgetown but on another coach I had. I had the same issue.
It was the boot around the antenna wire where it enters the coach. We had major problems with it.
Motorhomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:46 PM   #4

When I 1st got my GT-I had it back to dealer 3 times for leak above drivers side-on the 4th trip they finally did an inside pressure test and found that the front clearance lites had never been sealed at factory. They gooped up those lites real good and no problems since. I do check out seams and around antenna yearly and caulk if necessary.
tazzerbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:53 PM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

That seems to be an issue with FR. My center rear brake light strip was almost full of water. I removed it only to find just foam rubber strip on the rear but around the wires nothing. I ended up drilling 2 small holes in the bottom of the unit to get the water to run out. Now once it totally dries I'll reseal the holes and the wire before remounting it. Also wire wheeled off those wonderful rusting screws they used and then repainted them. I'm planning stainless steel to replace the exterior screws.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:48 PM   #6

I don't have any problems but I am amazed there are not more stories like this. When I replaced my 2 ceiling vents with Fantastic fans the sloppy sealing and installation job surprised me. Half the screws didn't hit any fiberglass and they just puddled the Dicor on to cover the gaps. Quantity over quality. It worked, but I can see where there would be issues.
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:23 AM   #7

In the business I'm in I have access to Protimiters (moisture meters) and thermal imaging equipment. In short finding the source is normally pretty easy for me. Here is something i did when I couldnt use my equipment. We ran an airmover (high output fan) into an opening. we then sprayed around the exterior with soapy water you could actually see wher the air would blow the spray away from the leak. They do this in manufacturing it works great. I have a friend bringing his TT to me today so we can find a leak in his.
Motorhomey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:36 AM   #8

The roof over the left corner has rooted away letting the water run down the inside of the wall,The wall is full of mold now. I had a idear that was what had happened sence they have moved the roof two times trying to get the frount cap squared so the windshield will stay in or not crack in the left upper corner.
louis cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:19 PM   #9

What's the best goop to use on the roof to seal leaks or for any new installations? Any recommendations?
Los Popes is offline   Reply With Quote