Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2018, 10:11 PM   #21

Curious.....when issues like this happen.....when legal recourse does an owner have? Most of us have large payments on these RV's and to not be able to use it for weeks and months seems like something the owner should be made whole on.....
bclinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 05:00 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclinton View Post
Curious.....when issues like this happen.....when legal recourse does an owner have? Most of us have large payments on these RV's and to not be able to use it for weeks and months seems like something the owner should be made whole on.....

To me, it doesn’t have to be a legal recourse. If companies like Forest River are going to make and sell however many millions of RV a year, they should provide parts and service so that we should not have to wait 3 months. I love the place I take my RV here in SC , but it’s small and sometimes not enough shop help to meet the demand.

I don’t know what the answer is but it’s not right.

Alison
AlisonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 06:12 AM   #23

New GT5 36B5

Hi All!

I am new to the forum and we are new 2017 Georgetown 36B5 owners (Not used, just never sold). So new that we don't even have our rig home yet. After reading a bunch of your posts I am now very concerned about our purchase. While on the dealer's lot, the coach had a leak in the area of the couch slide. It ruined the wood fascia around the ceiling of the couch. They state that they have resolved the leak issue and they are now replacing the damaged fascia. What should we look for when we go to take delivery? Any info would be a great help!

Thank you in advance,

Jenn
Zerojenn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:00 PM   #24

AlisonR, it is Forest River Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 68-0488. It appears your model should receive this inspection and repair as necessary. It removes the long strips on the roof edge for inspection/repair, installation and resealing. You can do a Google Search with that TSB number and it comes up. Just had ours completed on our FR3. It is 12 man-hours to complete.
CC Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 08:11 PM   #25

Roof Radius Repair

I have a 2016 GT3 31B3. Bought it new in 2017. Noticed the cracking on the roof radius. Dealer contacted FR and they approved the repair (aluminum cover over the radius). Parts came quickly, but dealer waited forever. After bugging him for a month he looked at the covers and noticed they were black and would look funny on the white roof. He tried numerous times to have FR check to see if they made a mistake and sent the wrong covers, but they wouldn't respond. We agreed they might respond better to a customer. Got Jeff Hood on the phone and he said he had just talked with his parts department and determined they had sent black covers instead of white. Said they would send them out immediately. That was last week. Ill check with the dealer to see if they followed through. Attaching some pics of the roof radius before. If someone has some after pictures of their fix I'd love to see them.
joebelknap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 08:15 PM   #26

Roof Radius Pics

Let's try again
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1424.jpeg
Views:	319
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	164470   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1426.jpeg
Views:	231
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	164471  
joebelknap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 09:10 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebelknap View Post
I have a 2016 GT3 31B3. Bought it new in 2017. Noticed the cracking on the roof radius. Dealer contacted FR and they approved the repair (aluminum cover over the radius). Parts came quickly, but dealer waited forever. After bugging him for a month he looked at the covers and noticed they were black and would look funny on the white roof. He tried numerous times to have FR check to see if they made a mistake and sent the wrong covers, but they wouldn't respond. We agreed they might respond better to a customer. Got Jeff Hood on the phone and he said he had just talked with his parts department and determined they had sent black covers instead of white. Said they would send them out immediately. That was last week. Ill check with the dealer to see if they followed through. Attaching some pics of the roof radius before. If someone has some after pictures of their fix I'd love to see them.
Hmmm, same story just a year later. Bought a 2017 new 31B3 last month. I suppose I need to keep an eye on my roof. Not comforting paying that much for something knowing that others are having a lot of issues with.
bclinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 09:19 PM   #28

Update: I sent a letter in to Forest River and got an immediate response from Jeff Hood (east coast customer service.) he offered to transport my RV to their shop in Elkhart and do the warranty repair work. Downside is it will put about 1,500 miles on the unit and today he says a service date will be 4-6 weeks out. I don’t see that I have much choice since the local dealer has worked on various repairs up to 3 times and I’m still having water issues, among others.

Be persistent. Good luck.
Dmhawv7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recall, roo, roof