Old 10-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #1

Roof warranty

Does anyone know what the warranty is on Georgetown roofs? I have a 2010 373 and we recently noticed water spots were developing in various spots on the ceiling mostly in the front half of the MH. We took it to a reputable MH repair/service center this week and was given an quote for over $10,000! I knew it was bad because when I checked myself I found two cracks about 3' long in the roof, the fiberglass along the sides next the batten strip was very soft and sorta sunk down,the batten strips are soft and spongy like whatever is below it is gone, the screws are not attached to anything. We have other issues as well like the ceiling is literally falling down but I won't even get into that right now, I've complained enough. This MH is ONLY three years old and we feel like it is falling apart around us. I have sent two e-mails to Forest river but have received no response. I'm going to keep trying.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:56 PM   #2

Only 1 year. Sorry

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:44 AM   #3

Check out my post Roof has Cracks you can find out contact numbers and who to email.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:30 AM   #4

that's 3 this week and the Sunseeker's with cracks, I'm going to check ours TODAY!

ab&jb
Old 10-24-2013, 08:25 AM   #5
eyc

Email April, if you are the original owner they will work with you. I caught mine after it started to delaminate down both sides an developed a large open crack in the front.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:57 PM   #6

Used a ladder to inspect my roof today. Looked ok, no visible cracks. Decided not to walk on the roof anymore just in case the fg is too thin or not properly supported. All my previous RVs had rubber type roofs and never had problems with them. I had been told fg roofs were better. hmmm
Old 10-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #7

Oh, your post give me the heebie jeebies. Please tell me it was on some sort of accident and not just regular wear. It's only three years old and your roof is leaking? We bought a 7 year bumper to bumper with ours so it should be peace of mind, but darn! three years and it leaks?
Old 10-30-2013, 12:04 PM   #8

My 2010 350 is currently at the factory having the roof repaired for cracks and the headliner coming unglued. My unit is kept under a metal RV shed. So far, I'm not impressed with the fiberglass roof's.
powellmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:36 PM   #9

Scary reading this forum. I realize all RV's have issues but I am starting to wonder if Forest River takes the cake! Sometimes I feel like I have to walk around like on egg shells in my 2011 GT. Guess I need to go up the ladder and look at my roof too.
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:49 PM   #10

Roof maintenance is a yearly thing. You should check for any issues with the sealant at all locations. I plan on removing and replacing mine in about a year with new sealant. It is just another thing you must watch especially if you are in a climate with a lot of rain. I always look closely where the sealant is discolored and dark. This is where the water accumulates and may leak into the seam which causes water damage.
Just another thing to add to the list of things. LOL

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote