Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2011, 11:06 PM   #1
Canadian Georgetown 369XL

Round Ceiling Light

Has anyone had to change the bulb in one of the ceiling lights

If so, what is the trick

I have taken the whole fixture out of the ceiling with the springs, but struggling to get the bulb changed

Help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	5985  
Old 05-26-2011, 01:04 PM   #2
Pete

It wasn’t easy. I learned the hard way by dropping down the entire fixture; then learned how it was setup. See pics below.

The glass cover to the fixture, however, “CAN” be removed without dropping down the whole fixture. I learned to spray some WD-40 into the fixture and glass to make it a little easier.

I used some “non-skid” drawer lining to get a better grip. Use the palm of your hand (or thumb and forefinger) to turn “counterclockwise” as you’re looking up at the fixture. It’s “kinda tough” to get traction and get it going, but it does work. The glass is thick, so I don’t think the glass will break if you don’t exert heavy upward pressure; just firm pressure turning counterclockwise. Once the glass comes out, you can pull out and replace the spent bulb.

As shown in the pics, the glass cover has two opposing indentations that fit into the two neoprene clips in the fixture. Turn clockwise to re-attach. I put some white grease on the glass cover edge to assist when there is “a next time”.

If you do drop down the whole fixture, just take out the bulb holder attached to the white wire in the first picture below.
Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	134.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	5988   Click image for larger version

Name:	138.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	5989   Click image for larger version

Name:	136A.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	5990   Click image for larger version

Name:	135.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	5991  
gartonhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:27 PM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

I recently had to replace the bulb in one of the lights over the kitchen counter........I think they're the same?????

Anyway.......turns out the actual bulb was not available in the automotive section where other 12V bulbs are found. I located them in the lighting section and supplies for residential bulbs for some of the more exotic lamps and lights. Although the bulk of the light fixtures here would be fed with 120VAC, there are models which step the electricity down to 12VDC for the actual lighting.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:32 PM   #4

the other thing you could use is one of those rubber round jar opener as well to get a better grip if the drawer liner doesnt work
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote