Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2014, 10:55 AM   #1

Routing question

In our 2008 378TS we are experiencing TV trouble. When I search for channels with the antenna up, the back TV will find 30+ and the front TV will find 2. I connected the front TV to the antenna jack in the back and it then got 30+ channels. Seems the line from the antenna to the front TV is not functioning. Now for the big question. Where does the cable go from the front to the antenna. I have traced it to the bin under the slide, and it then goes under the bin to?? Also, I attempted to trace it back from the booster in the electronics cupboard to no avail, unless I missed something. Can anyone offer suggestions as to where to look next as it is apparent that the front cable is pinched or something somewhere.
CVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:48 AM   #2

Check the center conductor on each end of the bad coax.
I have a 378TS also.
I had a thin clear layer left on my coax that did the same problem.
If it still give you problems they you will have to find the splitter from the switch box to both TV's. It is located outside in the passenger side wheel well. That is where I was told it is located. It is not easily visible as I have been told it is wrapped in tape or something. You should be able to find it as you can trace the coax able and find it.
Good luck. Let us know if you find it.

It may also be in the wall where the coaxes go into the back of the cabinet.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:00 PM   #3

Like Iggy said, check for shorts. You can take a multimeter, if you have one, to make sure there isn't any continuity between the center conductor and the outer conductor (braid). I had to repair a couple of ones in our brand new unit. I bought a pretty nice tool that you hook up the main unit to one end, and then remote terminators on the other ends and it will tell you the condition of the line along with where it goes. Got if from ebay pretty cheap and it solved all my cable headaches.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:25 PM   #4

Thanks Iggy...found the router. Mine was located in the electronics shelf on the passenger side buried behind all the other cables. I ran a secondary line from the splitter to the TV and got reception. Now I will be isolating segments of the cable to ascertain what section is defective and then decide whether to remove or simply reroute.
CVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVan View Post
Thanks Iggy...found the router. Mine was located in the electronics shelf on the passenger side buried behind all the other cables. I ran a secondary line from the splitter to the TV and got reception. Now I will be isolating segments of the cable to ascertain what section is defective and then decide whether to remove or simply reroute.
GREAT!
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote