Old 12-22-2013, 04:55 PM   #1

RV Cover Review , Adco Designer

We just got around to installing our new cover on the coach and I'm not impressed with the material. We decided to get the Adco Designer and the material is almost like a paper towel type that rips easily. While pulling it, not very hard, it snagged on a non sharp part and ripped it like paper. Now I need to figure out how to patch it. The rip is an L shape about 6" x 6".

We were much happier with the Goldline cover we had on our TT.

Old 12-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmmer
We just got around to installing our new cover on the coach and I'm not impressed with the material. We decided to get the Adco Designer and the material is almost like a paper towel type that rips easily. While pulling it, not very hard, it snagged on a non sharp part and ripped it like paper. Now I need to figure out how to patch it. The rip is an L shape about 6" x 6".

We were much happier with the Goldline cover we had on our TT.
Agree with you but a touch stronger than wet paper towels Adco sells patch kits to lap over fault. In your case 8x 8 would do it. If you don't repair it the cover will be in pieces in short order with wind. Easy does it!

Old 12-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #3

I also purchased the ADCO designer series cover. The cover came with 3 pieces of patch material in different colors. I was blowing leaves with my back towards the trailer and when I turned around.. To my horror, I melted 3 holes the size of oranges in it from the back pack blower's exhaust. Glad I had the patch kit for my 2 week old cover. The kit worked well and has held strong for a month now. I like the cover and it has performed well. ( melts easy though. )
If your cover did not come with the patch kit, you can order one here.
ADCO patch kit.
crunchman
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
MI Camperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman12001 View Post
I also purchased the ADCO designer series cover. The cover came with 3 pieces of patch material in different colors. I was blowing leaves with my back towards the trailer and when I turned around.. To my horror, I melted 3 holes the size of oranges in it from the back pack blower's exhaust. Glad I had the patch kit for my 2 week old cover. The kit worked well and has held strong for a month now. I like the cover and it has performed well. ( melts easy though. )
If your cover did not come with the patch kit, you can order one here.
ADCO patch kit.
crunchman
We got one from Walmarts on line about three years ago. It has held up pretty good in Michigan Winters. There are a few small tears, but that is our fault for not padding sharp edges. We didn't patch them as I could care less they are that small. For me , the roof matters the most anyway. Also, when it is on, we take this giant saran-wrap type of stuff and go around the trailer a few times to reduce blowing in the wind effect.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #5

I have the same cover. You have to be very careful putting it on and taking it off. also be sure to patch all corners and edges and anything sharp or protruding! I had a 5 year old Addco cover that wore through at the corners. Taken care of they can last a long time.
Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:34 AM   #6
Professional Curmudgeon

I don't know how much the ADCO patch kits cost, but a regular roll of awning repair tape works very well.
2012 F250 Lariat 6.2L Crew Cab FX4
wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:05 AM   #7

Thanks all for the replies. I'm going to order the patch kit. I wish I knew it was going to be so fragile. I was going to order the Goldline, but then saw that the Adco was 100 bucks cheaper. You pay for what you get. Well, hopefully I can get a couple of years of use even if it looks like frankencover.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #8

The more you restrain it and prevent wind flapping, the longer it will last. Light cords, web belts and the wrapper plastic all help.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:02 AM   #9

i have the Adco Designer cover as well. It's pretty light (i assume so it can breath and not trap moisture). I have a few things I do to make it easier. Perhaps these would be helpful to others:
1. Take tennis balls and cut slits in them and install them the arms that protrude from the ends of the slide awnings.
2. Get 4 inch thick sponges and tape them to the edges of the main awning.
3. The buckles on the straps rub against the paint at the bottom of the coach. So I wrap each buckle with a 4 inch wide strip of microfiber towels. The strips should be long enough to tie them to the buckle.

Also, I wedge tennis balls under the spring arms of the windshield wipers. It makes the wipers last a lot longer.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #10

MGOBlue, thanks for the tips. I believe it was one of those awning arms that ours got snagged on.

Tags
cover