Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2019, 01:43 PM   #1

RVIBrake3 System for Toad

I just picked up a great deal on a almost NEW RVIBrake3 Aux. braking system for my car. (Only used 3 times then the guy sold his MH)

It comes with the main brake system that tells you what to do so you don't screw things up.
It will work totally my itself as it has an inertia system that applies brakes in the toad.

It has a Table for inside the Motorhome to monitor when the brakes are applied in the toad and if their is any problems back there.
With the tablet you can test the brakes before you start out and can make adjustment in sensitivity while driving as well as other things.

It also has a Hub you can use to level your rig and interface with other stuff RVI has to sell you like tire monitors for the tires which interfaces to the tablet.

Does anyone have one already and want to tell us what you think or if you have a question ask away.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment1.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	295.8 KB
ID:	201807   Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment2.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	201808   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic0.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	229.1 KB
ID:	201810  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RVibrake3 User Guidesm.pdf (983.5 KB, 39 views)
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:15 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

Iggy.....

I have a Vantage Select Brake Buddy unit which works similar to the RVI unit you’re showing.

Just one question....how does the part that clamps to the brake pedal, brace itself when it applies pressure on the brake pedal? My Brake Buddy is taller and you move your driver seat into position for the Brake Buddy to press against.

In your photo (I included) the unit looks like it’s lower than the seat....or is it bolted to the floor?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9C9EF895-E5CA-4BE2-9092-6FA0A8AF2E16.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	308.8 KB
ID:	201842  

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:23 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Iggy.....
Just one question....how does the part that clamps to the brake pedal, brace itself when it applies pressure on the brake pedal?
In your photo (I included) the unit looks like it’s lower than the seat....or is it bolted to the floor?

kenandterry

It is not bolted to the floor and is much smaller than the Brake Buddy.
The pictures I have are from the seller posting and not my car.

See video here which should explain and show how it works.

https://youtu.be/vXuf1h8f3n4
Old 05-24-2019, 10:28 PM   #4

UPDATE after learning the system

The RVIBrake 3 system with hub and tablet.
I also added the battery charging plus module for the toad battery while towing even though I have never had and issues getting to the campground and finding a dead battery. It keep the toad battery charged from the motorhome 12 volt circuit

The RVI3brake system is easy after you understand what you have and how it works.
It talks to you and tell you what to do when you place it in the toad.
It also tell you if you did it wrong and tells you to unplug and start over again.
You can use the brake system without the Hub or tablet but it give driver some feeling of control and monitoring while driving.

All devices have their own proprietary wifi QR code and is all loaded into the android tablet.

The tablet then is a monitor of the system for setup and while driving.
You can test the system by the touch screen tablet while rolling slowly forward.
You can also monitor the RVI battery charger plus module that shows you the voltages of the motorhome to the toad as well as the toad battery and the amperage its getting if needed from the motorhome.

The Hub also acts as a bubble balance when you are leveling at the campground and show you on the tablet which side needs to be raised or lowered.

So far the system has worked flawlessly for me and ready for my cross country trip.

The tablet hooks up to the company via wifi if their is any software updates.

Any questions about the system ask away.
Old 07-02-2019, 09:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
UPDATE after learning the system

The RVIBrake 3 system with hub and tablet.
I also added the battery charging plus module for the toad battery while towing even though I have never had and issues getting to the campground and finding a dead battery. It keep the toad battery charged from the motorhome 12 volt circuit

The RVI3brake system is easy after you understand what you have and how it works.
It talks to you and tell you what to do when you place it in the toad.
It also tell you if you did it wrong and tells you to unplug and start over again.
You can use the brake system without the Hub or tablet but it give driver some feeling of control and monitoring while driving.

All devices have their own proprietary wifi QR code and is all loaded into the android tablet.

The tablet then is a monitor of the system for setup and while driving.
You can test the system by the touch screen tablet while rolling slowly forward.
You can also monitor the RVI battery charger plus module that shows you the voltages of the motorhome to the toad as well as the toad battery and the amperage its getting if needed from the motorhome.

The Hub also acts as a bubble balance when you are leveling at the campground and show you on the tablet which side needs to be raised or lowered.

So far the system has worked flawlessly for me and ready for my cross country trip.

The tablet hooks up to the company via wifi if their is any software updates.

Any questions about the system ask away.
I picked the RViBrake3 because it was the only one with brake lock detection (according to my research). It was a little more expensive but piece of mind is worth alot. Several stories on forums where people's brakes lock up in the toad without them knowing and they wound up rebuilding whole frontend.
ledoylefcco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 02:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledoylefcco View Post
I picked the RViBrake3 because it was the only one with brake lock detection (according to my research). It was a little more expensive but piece of mind is worth alot. Several stories on forums where people's brakes lock up in the toad without them knowing and they wound up rebuilding whole frontend.
If you have any questions about the system ask away.
I really like the RVBrake3 system
Old 07-05-2019, 08:40 AM   #7

That’s the unit we’ve always used. Great success. Watch the videos on how to install the unit inside the vehicle in terms of placement.
kentdavido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 10:11 PM   #8

QR Code

Can someone shoot me a picture of the QR Code on the back of their user manual, I am trying to set my RVIBrake 3 to my tablet, but I don't have a QR Code.

Thank you in advance

Vince
vngaspar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 10:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vngaspar View Post
Can someone shoot me a picture of the QR Code on the back of their user manual, I am trying to set my RVIBrake 3 to my tablet, but I don't have a QR Code.

Thank you in advance

Vince

I can swing out to my rig tomorrow and get your photo
kentdavido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 10:44 PM   #10

The codes are unique to the unit and serial numbers . Call RVI and they will email you what you need if you have the serial numbers of HUB and the RVI3 system.

Tags
toad